• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Shotgun Season 2009 - So how did we do?

what DO people do with the Yotes? eat them? Ive never hunted them or read into it. Nice Job, I hear they are tough to get!

Not a MA. Deer but I got this seven in the Catskills this Nov during rifle season.

p1020090o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

what DO people do with the Yotes? eat them? Ive never hunted them or read into it. Nice Job, I hear they are tough to get!

Deer hunters, like myself would like to kill as many as we see. They have a large effect on deer mortality rates.

I don't know anyone who has ever eaten one. In China maybe.

[puke2] HAHA, your more than welcome to try one out if you get one, Let us know if you do! [rofl]
This one was surprisingly easy to get. I must have been walking parallel with him and when I cut to the left he walked right into me. He must have thought I was breakfast. Well I guess he was right, I did feed him some lead [smile]. He came within 15 yards of me, if it was a deer it would have run me right over because it was coming right at me. I was pretty pumped.

No he didnt actually charge me. I am sure he heard me, and because he could not smell me decided to investigate because i am sure he was curious. He stopped about 15 yards away when he finally saw me and I finally saw him. If he had continued on his path he would have walked straight into me. needless to say he didnt come any closer. curiosity killed the coyote haha.

I finally got a deer today! My father put on a little push towards me and 3 does came right towards me. I was up a few hundred feet above them on a ridge and they ran down their run at the bottom of the ridge. I waited till the biggest one came into my shooting lane and she stopped right there. It was about a 60 yard shot. It turned out she is fairly small deer but she will be good eating for sure.
Ill try and post a couple pics tom.

Can you use Shotguns on Private Property (landowner is among hunting group) after shotgun season is closed?

I froze my a$$ off in a tree stand this morning for 3 hours. Didn't see anything.

i got my first mass deer on 12 /19 /09, in bridgewater/ middleboro line.
Got into stand later than normal cause it was so cold and that storm front was coming on sunday and i knew there would be deer moving. in stand at 730 , at @830, i spotted a deer leg moving thru the trees. I look more carefully and there is 3 of them looking my way but not awrae of me, I then see that there is 7 moving my way . I grab the omega off my hanger and get ready. all of sudden they bolt i mean running right under my stand . Seven deer 10 feet below me it was awesome.. best experience yet. I look to make sure that there isn't a buck chasing them out. dont see one, weel they run into the field adjacent to my stand and enter the wood edge , i m freaking out, they all turn around and reeneter the field. i took a smooth relaxed shot on the largest broadside doe. watched the shockwave hit her right in the boiler room. she went 30 yards. that's three for me (1 NyS doe and buck , 1 ma doe). thank you lord!

Back
Top Bottom