• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

response from my rep.

[FONT=&]Dear W.E.C,[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Thank you for your email in regards to Governor Patrick’s firearms proposal. I appreciate you taking the time to contact me about this important issue. I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind as this proposal is debated. If you would like to speak with me directly about this or if there is anything else that I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact my office.[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Sincerely,[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Rhonda L. Nyman[/FONT]
[FONT=&]State Representative[/FONT]
[FONT=&]5th Plymouth District[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Hanover-Norwell-Rockland[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Phone: 617-722-2210[/FONT]

What did she say when you called her office?

I cannot, for the love of all that is Holy, figure out this stupid f*^%#ng state. Just when you think the leaders could not get anymore stupid, they ask that you keep your magazine, but only fill it to 7. You have to be the dumbest moron on the planet to think that makes sense. Good grief, what if i am stupid, but responsible, but I just can't count well!!!! Now we are punishing people with low IQs? When does the madness end!

You're missing the important part. You can keep your magazine, but only fill it to 7, and you have to store your gun somewhere else.

I'd recommend keeping some rocks handy, because I've had mags thrown at me before, and unless it's a fully stacked normal cap, they just don't hurt that much. :)

I called my rep today about this and the bill to require liability insurance for firearms owners. The person I spoke to was very friendly and had received 55 calls from my town complaining about both bills.

I actually got a really fast reply from Ed Coppinger. Not crazy about his response, but at least he's reading his emails.

Thank you for the e-mail, Brian.

I am not a gun owner and not very familiar with the industry so I have been trying to learn about the different ideas that are floating out there. I do think that some form of a gun control bill will go through the Legislature this year since all indications are that this is something that members want to focus on. We must make sure it is smart legislation. The Governor’s proposal is only the first step in a long process.

I will be reaching out to as many people as possible to learn more. I encourage you to continue to offer your views as we work on this issue.

Thanks,

Ed

What is the definition of a loading device or magazine? What happens if you take it appart. Floor plate, follower, spring, and metal body shell. Is it still a magazine, or loading device? or just a bunch of parts?

Negative. Any magazine above 10+ rounds will need to be turned in/destroyed within one year, even preban 1994's. Any magazine 10 or less you can keep but only load with 7 rounds. Going forward you will not be able to purchase a magaine that holds more than 7.

Pre-ban 1994 "assault weapons" will also need to be disposed of. I presume that our neutered AR's post 1994 will be grandfathered because technically they are not considered "assault weapons".

I see nothing about Pre Ban AW's, it only specifies "Feeding Devices" which is a Magazine, not a rifle, Right??

This is one real reply i got out of about 45 emails.

Dear Rick,Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding gun control legislation. I plan on taking a close look at the legislation proposed before I vote on this issue. I look forward to a thoughtful debate about public safety as it pertains to firearms as we review the bill. I have received many calls and emails from gun owners and understand the concerns of responsible, licensed individuals. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.Respectfully,Jennifer L. FlanaganState SenatorWorcester & Middlesex District

What is the definition of a loading device or magazine? What happens if you take it appart. Floor plate, follower, spring, and metal body shell. Is it still a magazine, or loading device? or just a bunch of parts?

Great Question

I know the body is the "magazine" and the floor plate,follower and spring are considered parts in the old law. But did they address this in the newly proposed legislation?

Last edited:
NRA just sent out an alert over email about this upcoming legislation, glad to know they actually remember the state of massachusetts actually exists.

I see nothing about Pre Ban AW's, it only specifies "Feeding Devices" which is a Magazine, not a rifle, Right??

Well according to MA, "Assault Weapons" are those that were acquired prior to Sept. 1994. Anything after that adhered to the MA definition and wouldn't be considered an "assault weapon". I am too lazy to go back to the bill right now but that is what i got out of it.

Well according to MA, "Assault Weapons" are those that were acquired prior to Sept. 1994. Anything after that adhered to the MA definition and wouldn't be considered an "assault weapon". I am too lazy to go back to the bill right now but that is what i got out of it.

Thats an easy fix then. Pinned Muzzle break, pinned stock, no bayo lug, oh and that pesky grenade launcher, done!!!

I actually got a really fast reply from Ed Coppinger. Not crazy about his response, but at least he's reading his emails.

How about...

Ed,

MA already has the most restrictive state level gun control in the country. None of what has been proposed will stop a mass killing and will only harm law abiding, licensed gun owners. So why do we need anymore?

<.......highlight egregious problems in the bills like the 7 round mag limit and it's effect ban on a whole class of guns.......>

I would be happy to invite you and your staff to my range so you can become more familiar with firearms as well as the plight of legal gun owners in this state. It would be a very valuable experience if you want to be able to effectively legislate on this topic.

Thanks
Brian

Though the glossed over the confiscation issue in their "highlights."

How about this NRA, most of us on here are members, why dont you send some ****ing staff over here and help us out with shooting these bills down before they hit the floor. Good idea? Get it done or I will stop donating my hard earned money.

I contacted my local rep, John Fernandes of Milford, his basic response to my concerns was "Well, if the shooter in Newtown didn't have a gun in the house it wouldnt have been a problem there".... basically, he straight up wants to get rid of guns, f***ing communist scumbag

I contacted my local rep, John Fernandes of Milford, his basic response to my concerns was "Well, if the shooter in Newtown didn't have a gun in the house it wouldnt have been a problem there".... basically, he straight up wants to get rid of guns, f***ing communist scumbag

Did you kindly remind that gentleman about our 2A INDIVIDUAL right to KEEP and bear arms for self defense as further confirmed by Heller? Be aggressive with these a**h***s. Most dont know the laws, court judgements or the ****ing constitution that they swore to uphold. Makes me want to puke. I'll call his ass on Tuesday.

Room 136Boston, MA 02133Phone: 617-722-2396Fax: 617-626-0706Email: [email protected]District Office12 Main Street P.O Box 436 Milford, MA 01757Phone: (508) 473-3063Fax: (508) 478-4420

lol, he "Is not trying to infringe on our rights, but if I really believe that we are a an impasse" also, he seems to think the supreme court ruled AGAINST the individual right to bear arms..... I couldn't even fathom a response to his ignorance

That thread cracked me up.

"BOLO
My mags were stolen by two effeminate black men in suits with forced flag pins on their lapels. Oddly, they were accompanied by guards carrying scary black assault rifles.
They also stole $140.00 out of this months pay to give to their friends who don't work"

I didn't think about it before, but yes, "effeminate" does apply.. [rofl]

Last edited:

and yet somehow he is a GOAL endorsed A rated rep...

Lol well if the bar down the street didn't sell alcohol the idiot wouldn't have driven drunk and killed someone... What's next prohibition?? I will be contacting my reps tomorrow. This needs to stop and now. I don't need government taking my money and regulating my life anymore.

I'm moving out of state as soon as I can if this crap passes. I really hope enough people read the actual text of the bill instead of depending on the crap in the letter portion to see how crazy deval is. There is going to be some major lawsuits and injunctions filled if this crap gets passed here. I'm waiting to see the first ones go up in New York based on their nutty new law, thanks to NYC and the people there shoving it down the rest of the state's throat.

I was thinking about renting a storage unit up in NH, until I can arrange to move out of MA. Might take a while to sell my wife on the idea.
But, one never knows what will happen here. Remember all those years with the odd-ball airgun laws??
When we had to get a carry permit for a Crossman CO2 pistol. That was weird..

Sent letters to all my reps. Got canned responses back. Will mail hard copies as a follow up as well as calling them.

This will not get done by b1thcing and moaning. We need strong lobbyists on our side who can play hardball politics. Goal and the NRA are not getting it done for MA.

Back
Top Bottom