MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

How many bolt guns have mags bigger then 7 rounds?

The just killed sport shooting in mass and ny because of this.

**** this shit I'm gonna carry my preban 15 round mag for my 1911 and when I get my double stack 1911 ill carry it with a 14 rd mag.

**** this shit ,

Last edited:
I joined the NRA today (even though I think they are being as effective as a bucket of dead shrimp), and wrote to my state and federal representatives.

We have to do something, although at this point 'doing something' will probably mean getting the hell out of Massachusetts.

Yeah I also think writing and sending emails at this point is going to do nothing.

I don't know if I see this getting passed anyway. Some of these bills are going to go down in flames.

Does that page change after you hit "submit"? It stayed the same for me, so I don't know it if worked. I tried twice.

Well, I tried it again in IE and it did work there. My instance of Firefox apparently does not work for this. No idea why.

I hope this gets shot down in flames but in MA where its a 1 party system and that party is filled with moonbats, i think this has a dam good shot of passing, I believe the 1 gun per month is a probable lock for passage, needless to say i will continue to write my representatives and try to show them reason

How many bolt guns have mags bigger then 7 rounds?

The just killed sport shooting in mass and ny because of this.

**** this shit I'm gonna carry my preban 15 round mag for my 1911 and when I get my double stack 1911 ill carry it with a 14 rd mag.

**** this shit ,

I've seen bolt action .22 mags that hold 17 rounds in the tube.

Just posted this on FB:

Hey folks; I hate to sound like a broken record but unfortunately there's not much time left and I'm trying my best to spread the word. Aside from the president trying to push through a Federal gun control and ban, in our own state the governor is trying to put through more gun control legislature (and we thought it couldn't get any worse in MA). In his usual brainless manner, he's copying NY's law that got shoved down the throat of NY citizens without them realizing it. He's trying to push this through without a fight but WE CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN!!!! It has things like: no more than 7 round magazines, total ban of AR variants, and a whole slew of handguns.

I'm limiting who can see this post because I'm not out to stir emotions and have FB fights, I just hope you can help. HOW YOU CAN HELP????

1- Contact your representatives ASAP: You can call, email, send letters, stop by, whatever; you can find out who they are here: http://www.malegislature.gov/People/Search ALSO, Ruger has made it even simple so at a minimum PLEASE FILL THIS OUT IT WILL GO OUT TO YOUR REPRESENTATIVES: http://www.ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

2- Every state in the country is having a gun rally on saturday at noon at their state houses. I will be there. If you need a ride, or help to get there please let me know. I'll do what I can to get you there if you're willing to help.

3- Also, NRA has launched a new site: http://www.nrastandandfight.com/america-agrees.html WATCH THE VIDEO, sign up for info, they'll be sending an action plan eventually for a way to fight this

4- Don't forget, at a minimum fill out the Ruger form and share this with those who can help. There is not time for arguments, only actions matter now.

This is what where up against
rytape3a.jpg
y7e5yput.jpg

its like shoveling **** against the tide, the misinformation the media and the likes feeds the ANTI's is remarkable. Id bet if they were given proper information a good percentage of the "ANTI'S" wouldnt be so anti

not a lawyer, but the 2nd Amendment has a subordinate clause. The argument that the language concerning the necessity of a militia has any bearing on the fact that the 2nd Amendment clearly confers the right to keep and bear arms, without infringement, upon the people, not the government.

Merriam-Webster defines infringement as “ an encroachment or trespass on a right or privilege” and encroachment as “[the entering] by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another”. That definition suits present-day attempts to limit gun rights exactly.

How can the proposed legislation in NY and now Mass be constitutional?

Perhaps a practicing attorney could chime in but would the banning of possession of previously legally purchased magazines not be a violation of the "no ex-post facto laws" provisions. Would it also not constitute an illegal taking? I am rusty on this stuff and no expert on it. Hopefully someone can answer.

Thanks.

Steve

GFYS Deval!! This is a goddamn joke! Don't let this happen, let's all unite and get this stopped! What is reducing us to 7 rounds going to do nothing! All because of the crazy A-holes.

Perhaps a practicing attorney could chime in but would the banning of possession of previously legally purchased magazines not be a violation of the "no ex-post facto laws" provisions. Would it also not constitute an illegal taking? I am rusty on this stuff and no expert on it. Hopefully someone can answer.

Thanks.

Steve
Yes, the issue right now for legal recourse is that a bill has to be made law before the courts can intervene. This is why we need to stop this before it happens.

This bill should never see the light of day....but I'm looking at the names of the 160 House members and I'll tell you...it aint good.....

The fact is, there are a large number of democrats in this state that agree with the second amendment and do not want to see it butchered, but these reps have to react based on what their constituents want done. Please call and write your reps and tell them that you do not want to be punished for something that a criminal did.

That is NOT correct. They are bound to protection the constitution (both state and federal) above all else. It's part of the oath of office they took.

Chapter VI - Article I - Oaths of Office said:
I, A. B., do solemnly swear and affirm, that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent on me as : according to the best of my abilities and understanding, agreeably, to the rules and regulations of the constitution, and the laws of this commonwealth -- So help me, God.

I'm going to Boston on Saturday - no question.

If this crap passes:

I will not surrender or 'dispose' of anything; I will go to NH and buy as many Pmag 30's as I can get. Then I will bring them home, and I will keep them.

If I am equally screwed for a 10rd, or a 15rd pre-1994 for my PT-92, then why not go get a couple Pmags?

I also spent about twenty minutes on the phone with my representative; I expressed my concerns in a respectful way, and was satisfied that they were understood. Some points I made

+ I was first of all afraid that one of these proposals would get rammed through without a proper and public hearing, as it did in New York

+ That the recent mass shooting was a very high profile yet very rare event, and should not be the basis for a series of new laws based on an emotional response

+ That virtually all gun crime was committed by people who are already ineligible to possess guns

+ That further restrictions on what was legal to own would have no effect on the crime rate

+ That we had existing laws which were not being used (Bartley Fox)

+ That the Governor's proposed changes would outlaw a huge percentage of the legally owned guns in the state, while having no impact on violent assaults.

+ That the Governor's proposal was at odds with the recent Heller decision, and would lead to long drawn out court cases for the state

+ That there was almost no crime committed with rifles, so this should not be a subject of further restrictions

the idea make all gun owners criminals, by law they cant possess firearms, you disarm the populace without bypassing the 2nd amendment as seen by the Supreme Court.

I am not a lawyer, but I think I have a decent layman's understanding. It's not ex-post-facto, because they're not making something you did in the past (buying the mags) illegal. They're making keeping them illegal. However, IMO, it *is* an illegal taking.

THIS.

Close to 500,000 people have done it already. It does not get any easier than that. Fill it out, and hit submit. I said it once and I will say it again. Good on Ruger for doing this. It literally breaks down and tells you who the letter is going to. It gets sent immediately.

I'm pushing the ruger link out too, I just wanted to also offer to help people with customized letters to their representatives... that's why I had asked. Anyone send one out that they'd like to share? Otherwise I'll spend the next few hours trying to write it instead of working lol

just fired off the email from ruger as well. email bomb! sending it to everyone i know along with the letter i sent to my senator and rep this morning.

Huh? Last I checked you are still subject to those laws. Are you saying that you can only get up and do something the exact moment the law goes on the books?

Dude I was 9. I didn't even know what it was.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

I wonder if the fudds will actually take their blaze orange hats off for this and join us for a change, as their guns are finally in the chopping block as well.

"Send it" like chinalfr from my can attached to a string from another can in the lair of the dark lord kramdar.

I wonder if the fudds will actually take their blaze orange hats off for this and join us for a change, as their guns are finally in the chopping block as well.

That would be nice and i hope so but im sure most would still say........"well you have 7 rds, if you cant hit your target with 7 rds, you shouldnt be shooting"

Back
Top Bottom