MA - SBR and FA-10

Stryker

NES Member
Question to the NES braintrust

After searching through the NFA forum can't seem to track down a thread with the info.

Need to FA-10 my first SBR build.

How is it classified under 'Type' - not a rifle, since it is less than 16" barrel (?)
so - is there an 'other' option that can be selected (not in the e-form system yet) and is that what is general done?

Thanks for the help and insight on this!

Personally, I would only do an FA-10 ONCE for a gun. If I later changed the configuration, I would not do another one. IANAL but my belief is that it is not a transaction or an acquisition.

Most may not "get" the following due to the lack of popularity but the original T/C Contenders were sold new just the frame and then you ordered/purchased whatever barrels you wanted (.22LR up to and including hunting rifle rounds). Many/most of us who bought them in the mid-late 1970s thru the 1980s bought more than one barrel. No way in hell would we have re-FA-10'd it whenever we changed barrels.

Most may not "get" the following due to the lack of popularity but the original T/C Contenders were sold new just the frame and then you ordered/purchased whatever barrels you wanted (.22LR up to and including hunting rifle rounds). Many/most of us who bought them in the mid-late 1970s thru the 1980s bought more than one barrel. No way in hell would we have re-FA-10'd it whenever we changed barrels.
Makes me think of my Dan Wesson revolvers with interchangeable barrels. I've got 3 different length barrels for my 357 and 44 mag. It never even crossed my mind to re-FA10 whenever I changed barrels. I definitely won't be doing that.

Question to the NES braintrust

After searching through the NFA forum can't seem to track down a thread with the info.

Need to FA-10 my first SBR build.

How is it classified under 'Type' - not a rifle, since it is less than 16" barrel (?)
so - is there an 'other' option that can be selected (not in the e-form system yet) and is that what is general done?

Thanks for the help and insight on this!
Rifle 16 inches, done...Feds don’t give a shite about MA gun portal

Back
Top Bottom