• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA resident shooting on CT Resident Property.

Hello all!

I am an MA resident with an MA LTC. My friend has plot of land in CT that he invited me to go shoot on. I do not have a CT non-resident permit. Am I allowed to bring any firearms over to shoot or do I need to get a CT non-resident to be able to legally do so?

Thanks in advance.

Without a Connecticut permit to carry, you can transport/carry long guns (make sure that they are Connecticut compliant, i.e. not banned by name or feature count), ammunition, and legal magazines in Connecticut (i.e. less than 10 rd capacity) as long as you are not prohibited from possessing firearms/ammunition in CT.

Some public ranges, and certain clubs, require that long gun shooters have a pistol permit or long gun certificate- but that is their own requirement, not a law.

DO NOT TRANSPORT OR CARRY PISTOLS OR REVOLVERS IN CT UNTIL YOU GET A CONNECTICUT PERMIT TO CARRY!

The only thing I have to add is:
1) if your friends plot is near the MA border, he can come meet you and bring the guns into CT.

2) Although it doesn't apply here, there are exceptions to when you can possess (not just transport through) handguns in CT.

The 2 most commonly used exceptions are for training or competition. Neither of which apply here.

Back
Top Bottom