MA resident looking to hunt in NH

45collector

NES Member
I'm sure the info is here somewhere but I can't find it. I'll be going to NH some time this coming Autumn/ Winter and I want to get licensed-up well ahead of time just to get it out of the way. I've never hunted in NH before. So here's what I have:

Current MA hunting license
Non-res NH pistol permit (though that doesn't really mean anything in regards to hunting I don't think)
Application for NH non-res hunting licenses

If I purchase the "combination hunting and fishing", and "migratory waterfowl" options, I assume I'm then good for waterfowl/ fishing, but do I also need to purchase additional tags for deer? (antlered or non-) I do have the federal waterfowl stamp for this year, and the saltwater fishing permit. I don't see any additional option for deer tags, but I'm wondering if that's something that has to be done separately after I get the hunting license.

nonres.jpg

Also, is it legal in NH to carry a pistol while deer hunting? Thanks for any info provided.

I tried to do it online but I can't because I've never had a hunting license in NH. This is what I was told when I called the phone # provided on NH hunting info website.

I know as a resident you can just go on line and add additional stuff like pheasant to your existing license. Guessing a non resident could after you have the license number. I hadn't added the pheasant and got a call from a friend to hunt over his dog and just printed out the other and was good to go.

The regular deer tag comes with your license. If you want to hunt muzzleloader or archery you need a separate tag.

OK that's what I was wondering about. Thanks. I did see that ML and archery were separate.

I know as a resident you can just go on line and add additional stuff like pheasant to your existing license. Guessing a non resident could after you have the license number. I hadn't added the pheasant and got a call from a friend to hunt over his dog and just printed out the other and was good to go.

Seems that since I've never hunted in NH before, I must, as a first-timer send in a paper application via snail mail along with a copy of my MA hunting license (or MA hunter safety course certification).

This past Saturday I drove up to the Concord gun show and once I saw the line that had already formed by 8:30, I decided to go explore a little as I know next to nothing about places to hike/ hunt/ camp in NH. I found a dirt road that turned into a 4x4 trail in/ around Belknap mountain. It was pretty awesome out there (mind you, I've hunted pretty much only on the Cape) and it looked like an excellent place to hunt deer. I didn't see any posted signs so I wonder if it's ok to hunt there.

You can carry a side arm while hunting in NH. Open carry no permit required concealed carry you need a permit. I saw you have a NH permit just have it with you and you are good to go. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom