MA resident buying shotgun in RI

Thanks Len, I left that part out. It WILL be a dealer transfer. Also, can I buy/transfer more than 1 at a time? Looking at a pair of shotguns, it's an hour+ trip each way, not really worth it for one 1 gun.

Seven day wait if you buy from/at a RI dealer. You can have it shipped to a MA dealer but then you have to pay the transfer and the shipping.
White Feather
Edit: but you do save the RI sales tax if you ship it. (Maybe good for an expensive gun.)

Last edited:
Don't do it. the RI dealer will rat on you to your police department. (law requires it) Not worth it. Get it inbounded to an MA dealer or sent into NH or someplace safe.

-Mike

just go to KTP (Kittery Trading Post) and you can pick it up in tax free NH. It's your "responsibility" to register it in MA, although a cop once asked me why I would want to do that when it's just going to be confiscated when the gov't communofascists get their chance!

Don't do it. the RI dealer will rat on you to your police department. (law requires it) Not worth it. Get it inbounded to an MA dealer or sent into NH or someplace safe.

Really? Not the guys I deal with. PM me and I'll give you the name of a good guy FFL who thinks MASS should go up in flames.

As for federal law, there are no issues. I regularly buy rifles in CT and since I have CT permit (which is now required but was not when I started) it is as easy as pie. But obviously, RI is not MASS.

Interesting how it "works". MA dealer would not even let you handle firearm if you are not MA resident ( ran into that issue several times) and even MA non resident permit or C&R license will not help much... Somebody from MA loudly complained to me that RI dealer did not check her ID when she was buying ammo in RI. Some nerve...

I have a ma LTC and a NH no resident LTC can I buy a hand gun in NH and bring back to ma

Not legally, you'd be looking at doing time in the "Big House" compliments of the Feds!

ALL handgun sales/transfers (other than inheritance) MUST go thru an FFL in the state of the new owner's residence. Thus, if not on EOPS List and AG Regs compliant, you won't find many MA FFLs that will do said transfer.

How about a MA resident selling a shotgun to RI resident?

Mass person brings it to RI ffl and does transfer there?

Does the buyer always have to wait the 7 days?

Back
Top Bottom