• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA res buying in NH

I believe you intended to say without a Ma. ID.

Personally I've never had any issues purchasing amo.
It has been my experience that some NH gun shops will not honor an 03 (C&R) FFL.

Wally world especially near the border is known to NOT sell unless you have a DL....if you show a MA driver license they will also ask for your LTC.

If you buy it out of state, you need to fill out an FA-10 within 10 days of moving it into MA regardless of the state it of its functionality.

I would suggest you actually review the laws before posting information on them. What you said above is not the law. First, the notification must be made within 7 days, not 10 days (C 140 S 128B). Second, MA law does not have the same definition of a gun as does federal law. According to MA law, an AR lower alone is NOT a rifle, because it is not capable of "discharging a shot" (C 140 S 121) . You should not file an FA-10 if you bring one into the state. Once you complete the rifle, then you must file the FA-10.

In short, more misinformation from a well-documented source of such drivel....

Then again, the OP deserves it for not bothering to check SEARCH for a subject well - and correctly - discussed on this forum.

Wally world especially near the border is known to NOT sell unless you have a DL....if you show a MA driver license they will also ask for your LTC.

I buy ammo at a border Wally World (NH) though I live in MA. They rarely ask me for anything but when they do it's my drivers license. They don't even know what an LTC is. Really.

Back
Top Bottom