ma renewal

Quick question when for when I file my LTC renewal. I have since moved from the original town that issued my LTC. Do I send my Renewal request to the issuing chief or my new chief?

Not to hijack but figure it was worth asking here instead of starting a new thread.

I wasn't due to renew until Sept of this year. But DCJIS sent me a letter last September saying to renew immediately due to high wait times. So I renewed Sept 2014 and got my new LTC-A from restricted to no restrictions. However, the new license isn't good until Sept 2015 now? It doesn't take effect right away?

Not to hijack but figure it was worth asking here instead of starting a new thread.

I wasn't due to renew until Sept of this year. But DCJIS sent me a letter last September saying to renew immediately due to high wait times. So I renewed Sept 2014 and got my new LTC-A from restricted to no restrictions. However, the new license isn't good until Sept 2015 now? It doesn't take effect right away?

Just my two cents...but new LTC would not take effect to old expires...would not want to carry on new LTC. Len?

I read about a guy who said his LTC yanked for failing to do the change of address notification. You certainly should do that before you submit a renewal if you haven't already.

Just my two cents...but new LTC would not take effect to old expires...would not want to carry on new LTC. Len?

This is correct. Unlike a DL renewal, the start date on a renewed LTC is the end date on the prior one. I merely lock the new one in the safe until the birthday. You also get a new PIN and if you try to buy with the wrong LTC it will NOT allow you to proceed . . . I saw this happen at FS when the person was carrying only the new one which wasn't in effect yet.

This is correct. Unlike a DL renewal, the start date on a renewed LTC is the end date on the prior one. I merely lock the new one in the safe until the birthday. You also get a new PIN and if you try to buy with the wrong LTC it will NOT allow you to proceed . . . I saw this happen at FS when the person was carrying only the new one which wasn't in effect yet.

Interesting and thanks for clarification. I tried a few personal sales with the efa10 and it wouldn't take my new or old pin # for that matter. Had to transfer through a ffl and pay the fee [angry] Also nice seeing you and the wife at the Depot a few months ago.

Interesting and thanks for clarification. I tried a few personal sales with the efa10 and it wouldn't take my new or old pin # for that matter. Had to transfer through a ffl and pay the fee [angry] Also nice seeing you and the wife at the Depot a few months ago.

Same here. Still hit the Depot and Lowe's too often, still working the kitchen project.

Back
Top Bottom