• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA "Prohibited Person" buys a full auto AR from a "Dealer" - actually a fed - but did he know?

TL;DR the guy bought an AR15 from a guy who claimed to be a dealer.

The seller was actually an officer posing as a dealer.

Scumbag behavior aside (his past harassment of some woman, and his apparent involvement in counterfeiting), does this read like the guy knew what he was buying?

1619781881438.png

I think to most non-internet-nerds or non "gun nuts", the lingo used by the feds was meaningless babble. The buyers response to the text message makes him seem confused. He doesn't care whether it's full auto or semi auto, whichever sounds better? He thinks he's buying a machine gun for less than the price of a poverty pony? Sure... and Randy Weaver knew he was buying a 17.9" barrel shotgun.

1619782012049.png

Sounds like 95% of NES classified deals. Meet up in a parking lot, chat a bit - "Get them before *insert politician* does!"

Last edited:
Now I understand ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law
I know his Prohibited Person so his screwed, however couldn't you claim that you thought he was dealer and would only sell me something that was legal.

"I trusted he knew what he was doing, as a dealer my total faith was in him guiding me during my purchase, as he knew a lot more about firearms and the law"

Entrapment and stupidity go hand in hand
After reading the article, There was no "entrapment". Entrapment is to put a Criminal thought in and innocent mind, that was not done in this case. I am not defending the feds actions, but definitions need to be clear.

Oh something else, There was thread yesterday about some one selling a firearm from out state and shipping it through USPS. then compare this to that, The Feds are looking to create villains of firearms owners to sell to the public about how bad we are.

Last edited:
That's an interesting point. Granted, he's already screwed. But it is interesting to see if "pew pew pew" and "brrrrt" are enough to make a clear distinction between semi and full auto. Same with "rock and roll". The perp's request: "firing rounds without halt until the magazine is exhausted" also describes any functional semi auto.

And in the meme world of guns, isn't just a single "pew" semi and "pew pew pew" full auto? So the under cover guy selling the guns also didn't know what he was talking about? It would be hilarious to hear the legal argument over the technical merits of "pew". I don't know if it even matters at this point for him, but I hope he gets the full auto count dismissed at least.

That's an interesting point. Granted, he's already screwed. But it is interesting to see if "pew pew pew" and "brrrrt" are enough to make a clear distinction between semi and full auto. Same with "rock and roll". The perp's request: "firing rounds without halt until the magazine is exhausted" also describes any functional semi auto.

And in the meme world of guns, isn't just a single "pew" semi and "pew pew pew" full auto? So the under cover guy selling the guns also didn't know what he was talking about? It would be hilarious to hear the legal argument over the technical merits of "pew". I don't know if it even matters at this point for him, but I hope he gets the full auto count dismissed at least.
The internet made me hate the word "pew" in terms of gun stuff, especially when it becomes a noun

A Stoughton man who admitted cutting the brake lines of an ex-girlfriend’s car was arrested in Brockton Wednesday with a fully automatic AR-15 rifle, a .40-caliber Glock pistol, and 345 rounds of ammunition after a lengthy investigation by a Joint Terrorism Task Force, according to federal court records.

Moura was ordered to serve 166 days behind bars. One month later, he made contact with an undercover law enforcement officer posing as a gun dealer. Moura said he wanted to buy a gun when he got out of prison, and once released he shuttled $260,000 in counterfeit money provided by the FBI from Greater Boston to New York and Rhode Island, Lynch wrote.

Mensa membership candidate.

NOT.

I can see it now, a large video screen in court, scrolling through hundreds of gun memes for the jury.

I'd also be interested to follow this, not sure if you can get transcripts or anything, but I'd like to see where these two were put in touch? Facebook, Armslist, AR15.com.... NES???

The Feds may be building a side case to go after online communities. If they catch enough guys through these sites, they can probably bring it in front of congress on the next gun bill and say "look, we've busted X number of criminals looking to buy through these sites.... we need restrictions" They'll call it a black market, or "silk road" of illegal firearms

TL;DR the guy bought an AR15 from a guy who claimed to be a dealer.

The seller was actually an officer posing as a dealer.

Scumbag behavior aside (his past harassment of some woman, and his apparent involvement in counterfeiting), does this read like the guy knew what he was buying?

View attachment 477943

I think to most non-internet-nerds or non "gun nuts", the lingo used by the feds was meaningless babble. The buyers response to the text message makes him seem confused. He doesn't care whether it's full auto or semi auto, whichever sounds better? He thinks he's buying a machine gun for less than the price of a poverty pony? Sure... and Randy Weaver knew he was buying a 17.9" barrel shotgun.

View attachment 477944

Sounds like 95% of NES classified deals. Meet up in a parking lot, chat a bit - "Get them before *insert politician* does!"
Jeezuz... If they're gonna be arresting and prosecuting people for making a 'BRRRRT' sound instead of 'pew pew pew' then they're really gonna have to stop selling the 'Spinach, Cheese & Sausage Calzone' at Umberto's in the North End... (and the Broccoli, Eggplant & Cheese ones at Bob's in Medford will have to be registered with the BATF, the FBI, the State Police, the...etc etc etc)...

Just sayin' 😉

Jeezuz... If they're gonna be arresting and prosecuting people for making a 'BRRRRT' sound instead of a 'pew pew pew' noise??.. then they're gonna have to stop selling the 'Spinach, Cheese & Sausage Calzone' at Umberto's in the North End... (and the Broccoli, Eggplant & Cheese ones at Bob's in Medford will have to be registered with the BATF, the FBI, the State Police, the...etc etc etc)...

Just sayin' 😉
Do the calzones make noise? I only knew of Ellio's Pizza going "blub blub blub".

View: https://youtu.be/wXScpCzPgtI?t=12

[laugh]
Regardless of what some may think is entrapment, and or the "who got hurt here" crowd, you gotta hand it to the FBI agent, lol. You want one that goes "pew pew prew" or "brrrrrt"...I mean c'mon guys, that's classic.

I agree, mensa candidate. lol

I guess it's time to out myself finally: If true, if you cut the brakes on your GF's car, whatever other felonies you may have, you probably shouldn't be allowed to buy an AR-15 at the Brocton Mall. Just my humble .02

If you read the actual criminal complaint, there's absolutely no way you could come away with the impression that the accused here thought he was buying from a "dealer", except maybe the kind that deals illegal drugs.

If you went to a Trump protest last year and noticed the contingent of real, actual, swastika and hitler-salute Nazis, that was this guy. Probably why he was worth the FBI's time.

I thought one had to go to a gun show to buy an AR or the Internet would ship to your house? now there,s a mall loophole?? That gun store in Newton is never gonna make it you can just go to the chestnut hill mall and a get pew pew and a Brrrrt, included with your side of fries.

Do the calzones make noise? I only knew of Ellio's Pizza going "blub blub blub".

View: https://youtu.be/wXScpCzPgtI?t=12

I grew up on Elio's. Damn. Not very good, but nostalgic. LOL

The killer as a kid was you were hungry NOW and it would take 20 LONG minutes to get your pizza. Then another 5 if you didn't want to reline the roof of your mouth over the next 3 days.

I grew up on Elio's. Damn. Not very good, but nostalgic. LOL

The killer as a kid was you were hungry NOW and it would take 20 LONG minutes to get your pizza. Then another 5 if you didn't want to reline the roof of your mouth over the next 3 days.

If the rest of my body could rejuvenate as fast as the roof of my mouth after burning it on pizza, I'd be Wolverine. And you'd think as a grown-ass adult I would have recalled the billionth time I've done it, but nope...still burn my mouth on lava hot pizza.

I think the use of verbiage here could be misleading and lead someone who is ignorant down the wrong path. Classic honey pot caught someone greedy, the real message here should be that one should inspect the shit they're buying, preferably before cash is exchanged.

If this guy had any intent to follow the law, and checked say the glock to find a wish switch on the back, he should have either A) headed for the f***ing hills, or B) taken the switch off, tossed it in the cops lap and said "Yeah I'm not buying that". Obviously, can't do the same for the AR.

God, what a moron. Six will maybe get you two stripped lowers around these parts, buddy.

Tangent - I googled the guy and unfortunately wound up reading an article on UniversalHub and now I'm just upset with myself for giving a click to that cuck.

With all the fake media words like “fully semiautomatic” they could probably convince anybody to buy a full auto gun.

I’m still not quite seeing this guys criminal intent. Criminally stupid maybe

Tax payers pay for this ridiculous waste.

Next an undercover officer will be posing as a Mary Kay sells rep and ask if you want the white powder for your nose

exactly: "Do you want to buy white face or nose powder?" ... aha, a bunch of cocksuckers get medals and promotions. I guess they are running low on retards who need "tnt"-bricks. Then they'll write memoirs how they "fought terrorism"

Back
Top Bottom