• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Polymer 80 in 2019?

Why would you want to? Sort of defeats the whole purpose. Why not just buy a manufactured semi auto at that point?

True, but there are some instances where it might make a little sense. If OP just wants Glock features and after market support without sourcing a Glock in MA and potentially paying the MA "Glock tax" on some ridiculous price hike, then a $450ish serialized P80 might be a good bet if he wants it to be 100% legit.

To OP: Lonewolf sells them with the option of laser engraving a serial# on the metal plate by the light rail.

True, but there are some instances where it might make a little sense. If OP just wants Glock features and after market support without sourcing a Glock in MA and potentially paying the MA "Glock tax" on some ridiculous price hike, then a $450ish serialized P80 might be a good bet if he wants it to be 100% legit.

To OP: Lonewolf sells them with the option of laser engraving a serial# on the metal plate by the light rail.
Are they 450 when it's all said and done? I was under the impression like most builds it's the same if not more expensive than just buying a complete firearm from a manufacturer.

Are they 450 when it's all said and done? I was under the impression like most builds it's the same if not more expensive than just buying a complete firearm from a manufacturer.

Depends on what you want, but they can go as low as $450. In fact, I've seen full kits as low as $400 during holiday sales. P80 Builder is a good website for deals. Keep in mind that this is not going to be a race/gucci Glock though.

Depends on what you want, but they can go as low as $450. In fact, I've seen full kits as low as $400 during holiday sales. P80 Builder is a good website for deals. Keep in mind that this is not going to be a race/gucci Glock though.
This is including parts, barrel, slide, etc?

The only reason I can see for “registering” a P80 would be if you plan to use it as a carry gun. If you actually ever had to use it then an undocumented home made gun is not a good look.

But if you just want to have fun then leaving a paper trail to it kind of defeats the whole purpose of going through the whole P80 process.

The customization options on them I like better, and you don't have to worry as much because of cost if you mess up on stippling or what not.
P80’s are already stippled. As far as cost: It’s more expensive to build a p80 by far, even in mass. Unless u u really just use stock parts. Even then it’s almost as same as factory cost. I’ve built a couple of p80’s. There fun but I would never carry or defend my home with them.

There's a plate in the frame in the rail portion for serializing it if you so choose. At that point, take it to a gunsmith who's familiar with the ATF requirements for serializing a firearm. Register via eFA10 within 7 days of being able to fire a shot.

There is no state or federal requirement to serialize the completed frame, but it's up to you.

There’s plenty of places that sell serialized versions of the p80 frames. Mostly is a 5$ Difference in pricing

I want to get one that says 1911LOL or Hildog6969

Back
Top Bottom