MA OPEN CARRYING?

Graphical depiction of open carry threads on NES:

ping_pong_cats.gif

If you want to open carry i would say go to a much gun friendlier state..It is also legal in CT to open carry..and some people do it...There have been lawsuits because of the issue (2 CT residents have cases being heard in the 2nd Federal Court of Appeals in NYC next month on 2nd Amendment issues) but if you really enjoy it there are states where it is accepted more...Virginia, Kentucky, Alaska, Montana, Ariziona, Idaho, New Mexico, South Dakota and some others..Vermont too.mostly because no permit is required to open carry in public/car in those states...I undestand in the summer it would easier

I went to Wentworth Inst in 75-77...there was a sub shop on Huntington, next to Punters Pub, where the two guys behind the counter open carried. They both had SW mod 39's at the time.

they were never robbed.

Across the street from Wentworth, on the corner of Ruggles & Huntington, was an old gas station, not self service. The guy who pumped gas also OC'd.

those are the only two times I've ever anyone outside of LEO's open carry.

I went to Wentworth Inst in 75-77...there was a sub shop on Huntington, next to Punters Pub, where the two guys behind the counter open carried. They both had SW mod 39's at the time.

they were never robbed.

Across the street from Wentworth, on the corner of Ruggles & Huntington, was an old gas station, not self service. The guy who pumped gas also OC'd.

Wow too bad that didn't happen still. I graduated from WIT in 2007 and the gas station is now gone and a green space owned by WIT. The sub shop is a pizza/sub place and serves food to Punter's through a hole in a wall. No open carry that I remember.

they were never robbed.

I used to go to that sub shop back in the late 1960s.

The manager of the head shop across from NU used to open carry in the late 1960s to 1971. Sometime between 1971 and 1973 he got charged with murdering a girl at a party, so I don't think he was carrying any more. He carried a S&W J-frame.

My Cousin's ex used to open carry, he managed Camera Enterprises store (now called The Camera Store) on Mass Ave in Boston back in the late 1960s early 1970s. He also carried a S&W J-frame.

The late Shaws Supermarket manager in a suburb South of Boston used to open carry a J-frame as well when he went to make bank deposits at night. This was in the 1980s.

Nobody blinked.

Quick question while we're on the topic of OC. I'm a new owner. I don't OC, but I do CC a full size H&K USP. I like to wear a sweat shirt when I do this so it's not very notice-able, but this being the summer and all, I generally just wear t-shirts. I definitely don't flash it or do anything to call attention to the fact that I have a gun, but regardless, there's a tell-tale bulge on my right hip. Will this get me in any trouble?

FYI: This is only until I buy a DAO J-frame revolver, which I'll just keep in my pocket, and then the H&K stays locked up at home.

Quick question while we're on the topic of OC. I'm a new owner. I don't OC, but I do CC a full size H&K USP. I like to wear a sweat shirt when I do this so it's not very notice-able, but this being the summer and all, I generally just wear t-shirts. I definitely don't flash it or do anything to call attention to the fact that I have a gun, but regardless, there's a tell-tale bulge on my right hip. Will this get me in any trouble?

FYI: This is only until I buy a DAO J-frame revolver, which I'll just keep in my pocket, and then the H&K stays locked up at home.

As long as the gun is not exposed from under the shirt, printing isn't a huge problem - buy bigger tee shirts if it bothers you. [wink]

As long as the gun is not exposed from under the shirt, printing isn't a huge problem - buy bigger tee shirts if it bothers you. [wink]

Nice, thanks for the info! No need for bigger t-shirts if I'm in no legal danger. I just don't want to get my license revoked by exercising it. Seems to be a high possibility in this state... [wink]

OC is stupid, why tell a potential adversary what you have. If some dirtbag is going to rob/attack you why give up the element of surprise? Walk softly and carry a big stick.

I know a guy who went for his LTC, his Chief didn't like him,(long story) refused it. Guy lawyered up, chief gave him a LTC with one restriction, OPEN CARRY ONLY!

Yeah, he has been hassled a lot by cops that do not want to READ the laws. One good thing, they (the cops) are getting an education!

I wouldn't worry about printing. So many people carry cell phones,PDAs and such no one would give it a second thought if they saw a bump under your t-shirt.

Here's a history lesson for you kiddies:

Maine was once part of Massachusetts.

Massachusetts (including the territory of Maine) became a state in 1788, Feb 6th, to be exact, when it became the 6th state to RATIFY the Constitution.

By 1820, the people in the territory of Maine got so fed up with the a**h***s in Massachusetts, that we separated from Massachusetts, and Maine became it's own state.

To this very day, Mainers still enjoy the freedoms that "the folks from Massachusetts" (I resisted the temptation to use the commonly used phrase) only WISHED that they had.

yeah your right MA doesnt want to accknowledge the fact that we have the right to bear arms. this is a very sad state, i thought FREEDOM was born in this state.

To this very day, Mainers still enjoy the freedoms that "the folks from Massachusetts" (I resisted the temptation to use the commonly used phrase) only WISHED that they had.

Unfortunately, most of the people in MA don't wish for freedoms. They wish for a benevolent daddy to tell them (and their neighbors [rolleyes]) what to do, and make everything fair.

(Btw, I believe ME's separation from MA had less to do with opposing political views, and more to do with MA's inability to protect the territory in ME from British raids during the war of 1812.)

Ummm ..I am not a OC type ....Yet there has been time..and all that CC must admit... would have been alittle easier for the short time you would have OC.... And as it has been noted.. the summer it has got hot..and sticky IWB carry. LOL

Printing...well that is all it is.. You are not OC'ing sooo ............

Am for those looking down their noses at Ma. Res. wait the president is bringing it to another state near you...LOL

Nice, thanks for the info! No need for bigger t-shirts if I'm in no legal danger. I just don't want to get my license revoked by exercising it. Seems to be a high possibility in this state... [wink]

Just make sure the shirt is long enough in case you need to reach that top shelf in the market. [wink]

I wouldn't worry about printing. So many people carry cell phones,PDAs and such no one would give it a second thought if they saw a bump under your t-shirt.

Very true, thanks for the insight! I definitely feel a bit less sketchy now.

Just make sure the shirt is long enough in case you need to reach that top shelf in the market. [wink]

Good point. I have also noticed a couple of times that when I get out of my car, the shirt has ridden up the holster a bit and the muzzle was exposed, so I had to pull it down immediately. I've made it a point to do this every time, but longer shirts would probably be a much better idea all around. Eliminate all possibility of scaring sheeple. [smile]

Here's a history lesson for you kiddies:

Maine was once part of Massachusetts.

Massachusetts (including the territory of Maine) became a state in 1788, Feb 6th, to be exact, when it became the 6th state to RATIFY the Constitution.

By 1820, the people in the territory of Maine got so fed up with the a**h***s in Massachusetts, that we separated from Massachusetts, and Maine became it's own state.

Nope, Maine was split off so that Slavery could continue to exist, the Missouri Compromise

Don't get me wrong, I love Maine and would consider retiring there, this is just a history lesson correction

Also, while Maine is "More Free" for a bunch of other reasons, in terms of tax burden it's actually worse than MA, especially if you're working and get hit by that 2nd income tax bracket there. Things are not so bad if you're on a limited income, or don't take primary residence there, though.

-Mike

more options for comfort and easier access if need be.

Franco, that makes no sense. When you open carry, any bad guy knows he's going to pop you first, from behind, in the head.

OC is plainly and simply, a political statement. Nothing more, nothing less.

If your goal is to make a political statement, then OC. (A statement I agree with, by the way. I think what those folks in NH are doing is great)

But defensively, tactically, OC puts you at a disadvantage.

Don

Franco, that makes no sense. When you open carry, any bad guy knows he's going to pop you first, from behind, in the head.

OC is plainly and simply, a political statement. Nothing more, nothing less.

If your goal is to make a political statement, then OC. (A statement I agree with, by the way. I think what those folks in NH are doing is great)

But defensively, tactically, OC puts you at a disadvantage.

Don

OC is not a good idea whether it is legal to do so or not, unless you are amongst fellow OC brethren!!!!

Once again, will you guys knock it off!!! You are making too much sense!!! Stop it!!! [wink][smile]

Back
Top Bottom