• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA OPEN CARRYING?

how many out there open carry in MA? i hear stories about licensing authorities pulling permits because a person was minding their own business open carrying. and then deem them an unsuitable person, how can they do this if it isnt againist the law to open carry. wtf is wrong with this state!

Why would you want to? What is the purpose of an OC in MA? If it is to make a statement - I'm sure you will get your point across ...... ONCE...

Why would you want to? What is the purpose of an OC in MA? If it is to make a statement - I'm sure you will get your point across ...... ONCE...

more options for comfort and easier access if need be.

Last edited:
how many out there open carry in MA? i hear stories about licensing authorities pulling permits because a person was minding their own business open carrying. and then deem them an unsuitable person, how can they do this if it isnt againist the law to open carry. wtf is wrong with this state!

i see several people open carry at the range & at shops, but is it just a matter of time when that one grumpy LEO spots it and really gives you a hard time? , and before you know it you have your permit revoked?

because determining suitability is legal wiggle room the chief has to use against you if he so wishes. DOesnt matter that OC is not illegal, if the chief deems someone who OCs as unsuitable, then there isnt much that can be done.

That was easy.

Only at the range.. I believe if OC was more accepted here, there would be less robberies, and we would all be surprised by how man people actually carry.

more options for comfort and you have easier access if need be.

Maybe so, but in MA your ease of access and comfort will without doubt be severely hampered by the handcuffs you'll probably be wearing ... [wink]

Last edited:
Is it me, or is Franco's avatar an abomination? Am I just getting old....

Anyhow, OC in MA away from the range will get you pinched. Don't like? Neither do I...

Is it me, or is Franco's avatar an abomination? Am I just getting old....

Anyhow, OC in MA away from the range will get you pinched. Don't like? Neither do I...

I'm not really a fan of it either... since we're in MA we could probably say it's offensive and have the PC police come lock him up [wink]

how do yo know this? has it happened to you.

Its supposed to be a joke - based upon the knee-jerk liberal reactions that MA has to anything having to do with the 2nd Amendment... regardless of legality

But - for sure .. I would NOT OC in MA for any reason (except if I wanted to feel the hood of a police car with my face)...

I wouldnt want to OC for many reasons. First, I don't want anyone to try to snatch/grab my weapon, they do that enough to the cops. Second, I dont want anyone to know what amount of force they will encounter if they want to attempt to end my/family's life/etc. I also don't want to attract undude attention among the sheep. I want to blend in with the sheep as much as possible while still being to protect myself from the wolves.

yeah your right MA doesnt want to accknowledge the fact that we have the right to bear arms. this is a very sad state, i thought FREEDOM was born in this state.

this is a very sad state, i thought FREEDOM was born in this state.[/

Yes it started here, and it also ended here first too! Personally, OC is over rated. Not that anyone here is Billy Bad Ass or anything [wink], but the last thing you need is to give any enemy more intel. I have no desire to to show my cards before they bluff their hand.

Franco's avatar of the Iwo Jima Statue commemorating the raising of the flag might in fact may offend some people, especially Marines. I just figured he wanted to stand out as someone we all need to be careful off. He's treading on the troll doorstep.

Now these posts about open carry place him one step closer to that mark.

Franco, open carry is stupid for a defensive situation. You put yourself at risk of being the first one shot to death in the Quick Stop Market when you go for milk and bread. You stand out for thugs to try and steal your gun, and you make moonbats nervous enough to call the police, which can be a hassle.

We have a member here who lived in Dedham and had been involved in legal cases for over 5 years because his jacket blew aside in the wind as he sat a pizza on the roof of his car in Dedham center. He lost his LTC and it cost him a fortune to finally win his case with the help of a firearms attorney know for tanacious brawling.

The only two times I "OPEN CARRY" in Mass, are at the range, and when I am handgun hunting small game with a hunting license on and in an area know to be used by hunters instead of gang bangers.

how do yo know this? has it happened to you.

I personally don't appreciate your sarcasm when someone is trying to give you good advice.[thinking]

Let me play Johnny Carson's part of Carnak the Magnificent, "Who was Franco" (Ed McMahon)

"He was a guy that joined NES and ended up being banned by his 400th post because he was a bozo. (Carnak's response) [hmmm]

Yay! Another open carry thread.

I give this thread 9 out of 10 possible flogged horses.

[horse][horse][horse][horse][horse][horse][horse][horse][horse]

[sarcasm enabled]
I'll channel spinal tap...

"Can I ask a practical question? Are we going to discuss open carry in MA on NES tonight?"

"NO we're not going to f'ing do open carry!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlf5ucFanpY

[/sarcasm]

I apologize if I seem crass- It's just that I've only seen this topic posted a couple of million times, and the threads all have exactly the same
outcome. [laugh]

-Mike

Last edited:
LenS will be along shortly to tell you tale of a guy entering a pizza shop...

Nah, I'll let the OP do a search of the forum for "Dedham" and "pizza" and he can read it all in Joe's own words.

I wouldnt want to OC for many reasons. First, I don't want anyone to try to snatch/grab my weapon, they do that enough to the cops. Second, I dont want anyone to know what amount of force they will encounter if they want to attempt to end my/family's life/etc. I also don't want to attract undude attention among the sheep. I want to blend in with the sheep as much as possible while still being to protect myself from the wolves.

All excellent reasons that I agree with completely.

...Personally, OC is over rated. Not that anyone here is Billy Bad Ass or anything [wink], but the last thing you need is to give any enemy more intel. I have no desire to to show my cards before they bluff their hand.

...Franco, open carry is stupid for a defensive situation. You put yourself at risk of being the first one shot to death in the Quick Stop Market when you go for milk and bread. You stand out for thugs to try and steal your gun, and you make moonbats nervous enough to call the police, which can be a hassle...

STOP IT, ALL OF YOU!!! You're making too much sense!!! [wink]

how many out there open carry in MA? i hear stories about licensing authorities pulling permits because a person was minding their own business open carrying. and then deem them an unsuitable person, how can they do this if it isnt againist the law to open carry.
What part of "discretionary licensing" don't you understand?

One screaming liberal at the grocery store causes a scene and your off to be processed for disturbing the peace and then deemed unsuitable.

yeah but how logical is that? sounds to me as if the people making a fuss should be processed for disturbing the peace. do liberals in NH or any other free state scream in horror when they see a someone with a holstered pistol? no they are told to calm down, and to stop acting crazy and continue on thier way! the person OCing is not doing any harm. they are merely exercising thier right. this state is breeding paraniod, dependent residents that dont and cant think for themselves.

i totally understand all the good points you guys are laying down, i guess this is a real touchy subject in MA and i need to move to a state with some balls. and i guess it will only get worse as time goes on in this cluster f$$$

as CC goes it does make alot of sense not to display what you may have etc. but at the same time im pretty sure just by the sight of citizen with a holstered gun might deturr criminals from commiting potenial crimes they previously wanted to. i guess it can go either way. but at least you do have the ability to arm yourself in either case.

Last edited:
i totally understand all the good points you guys are laying down, i guess this is a real touchy subject in MA and i need to move to a state with some balls. and i guess it will only get worse as time goes on in this cluster f$$$
Move wherever you want.

But it many states, not just here in MA, open carry will yield unwanted attention from the gendarmes.

No, you need to move to a state that isn't over run with liberals in the stste government. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom