MA Non-Resident Interview with CHSB Director in Chelsea

Looking for any non-residents who have been to this 'interview' with the director. What's their 'purpose' in the personal interview, is it even worth the $100 or is this like the rest of MA (a lost cause)?

I just went last week. It was pretty much a non event. The guy was really nice, and went over my application and the reasons I stated for applying, took my prints and sent me on my way. He said that since I previously held a resident permit, they were going to treat it as a renewal, and I would have the permit in a few weeks. So the big question is, will it be restricted even though my resident permit was not? I'm hoping that it won't be, but who knows. I'll know in a couple more weeks. All in all, aside from having to go to Chelsea, it wasn't bad.

Thanks... I may give it a shot based on that... Unlike you I dont have a previous license in MA, however I am licensed in NH & ME, I did have a lawyer compose the reason for wanting a permit on my application, so I guess that works in my favor :)

I just went last week. It was pretty much a non event. The guy was really nice, and went over my application and the reasons I stated for applying, took my prints and sent me on my way. He said that since I previously held a resident permit, they were going to treat it as a renewal, and I would have the permit in a few weeks. So the big question is, will it be restricted even though my resident permit was not? I'm hoping that it won't be, but who knows. I'll know in a couple more weeks. All in all, aside from having to go to Chelsea, it wasn't bad.

Assuming you have a clean record, expect your LTC-A to be approved. Do not expect "restrictions: none" without a reason acceptable to the director.

You need to grill the person grilling you. At least one person on here has reported they were "slipped a mickey" - eg, they went in expecting to get A-none and got the license and it was restricted. Not sure what the real deal is at this point, because only a few
people have gone through the process have posted about it.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom