• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA NFA Trust - Sole Individual?

I know there are a few trust posts with recent purposed laws but I have a specific question that I have been unable to find an answer for.

My form 1 was kicked back for correction. The problem being that it says "grantor, trustee, and beneficiary cannot be the sole individual/entity in trust." When I did my NFA trust research and formed it, I never came across something saying it required at least two people. I can add someone as a beneficiary but I would prefer not to if I don't have to.

If anyone has any experience of a RLT with a sole individual being approved, it would be much appreciated.

Just from what I have read you do need another person in the trust for those stated purpose. They do not need access to the firearms as i understood. (Just my understanding)

I know there are a few trust posts with recent purposed laws but I have a specific question that I have been unable to find an answer for.

My form 1 was kicked back for correction. The problem being that it says "grantor, trustee, and beneficiary cannot be the sole individual/entity in trust." When I did my NFA trust research and formed it, I never came across something saying it required at least two people. I can add someone as a beneficiary but I would prefer not to if I don't have to.

If anyone has any experience of a RLT with a sole individual being approved, it would be much appreciated.

Grantor and trustee can be the same person, but the beneficiary and any successors (successor trustees and beneficiaries) must be different people. The whole purpose of an RLT is to hold those assets in trust after the death of the grantor.

Back
Top Bottom