MA NFA Form 1 FYI (7/20/16 related)

So does this mean that a bunch of guys are going to have to do form 1s on 80% or something where they engrave "McFUDD SINGLE SHOT" into the side of the lower? [rofl] I mean after
a point, how can they tell it's an AR/AK or not?

-Mike

The investigator I spoke to said the 4473 would suffice as well. Shawn if you did the private sale on a FA10 that should work as well, but don't quote me on that.

Well tell the bums to get off thier ass and look it up. They clearly have the resources.

I have an official Bill Of Sale from my FFL who sold me lowers a long time ago.
It has a date and serial numbers.
That should suffice for proof that the lowers are pre Healy ban, right?
The dealer I purchased from is no longer in business as a store but may have gone into being a home FFL.
If he officially closed, the ATF should have the 4473's.
There was no FA10 since they were just stripped lowers.

Can somebody chime in?

I have an official Bill Of Sale from my FFL who sold me lowers a long time ago.
It has a date and serial numbers.
That should suffice for proof that the lowers are pre Healy ban, right?
The dealer I purchased from is no longer in business as a store but may have gone into being a home FFL.
If he officially closed, the ATF should have the 4473's.
There was no FA10 since they were just stripped lowers.

Can somebody chime in?
You should be good to go. Make sure you also send a copy of your LTC.

Well I imagine my test case form 1 will get rejected on my post healy lower
Post an update when you find out, I’m curious to see since LE can still buy new lowers and there are other ways to make lowers. Unfortunately I think the ATF has already proved that they accepted Mora’s edict as established law. I really hope that changes.

How are they handling A form 1 for other firearms, MPX, CZ scorpion, SCAR ect... anyone have issues getting one approved that was purchased post 7/20??

How are they handling A form 1 for other firearms, MPX, CZ scorpion, SCAR ect... anyone have issues getting one approved that was purchased post 7/20??
My form 1 for my scar 16 was delivered to the. Oct 15th so I should find out over the next 5 month. I’ll deff share how it play out with you guys

No issues on my Vector. Should get my MP5 clone back next week.
Sounds like they are focusing on AR platforms only.

I just talked to the ATF NFA Supervisor.

He said there is a simple button on the eForm to add an attachment.

A Bill Of Sale with a serial number would work just fine in Mass for Pre 7/20/2016 Heally AR15 lowers.

If you don't have a Bill of Sale, you could aways ask your FFL to dig up a 4473. Maybe throw him a few bucks for his trouble and time.
If you FFL is no longer in business and the ATF has all his forms- I'm not sure how to proceed.

I should have asked how to obtain an 4473 but I did not do so.

The man that I spoke to said they have a file for every state since different states have different rules.

He looked up the Mass file and confirmed the 7/20/2016 date and said all will be ok.

You also need to upload your LTC.

That's.... actually pretty brilliant. How expensive are short .22LR barrels?

It's probably best to just have a 22LR complete upper.

Here is one that is a POS from Palmetto State that will shoot hula hoop sized groups at 10 yards for $329. Besides disappointment and regret you will get most rounds go supersonic since some genius decided to make it 7.5 inches long. Also, when you sell this POS you will settle for $100 bucks because its junk.

PSA 7.5" .22LR 1:16 Nitride 6" Lightweight M-Lok Upper - With BCG & CH -5165449212

For $549 you can get a perfectly designed and reliable upper from CMMG with a 4.5 inch barrel.

Upper Group, Banshee™ 300, Mk4, 22LR | CMMG Inc.

You may say I have experience with both!

It's probably best to just have a 22LR complete upper.

Here is one that is a POS from Palmetto State that will shoot hula hoop sized groups at 10 yards for $329. Besides disappointment and regret you will get most rounds go supersonic since some genius decided to make it 7.5 inches long. Also, when you sell this POS you will settle for $100 bucks because its junk.

PSA 7.5" .22LR 1:16 Nitride 6" Lightweight M-Lok Upper - With BCG & CH -5165449212

For $549 you can get a perfectly designed and reliable upper from CMMG with a 4.5 inch barrel.

Upper Group, Banshee™ 300, Mk4, 22LR | CMMG Inc.

You may say I have experience with both!

PSA won't ship to MA, but I was looking at a CMMG 9.2" barrel and the CMMG .22LR bolt carrier. I've got a partially assembled upper that would just need the barrel and bolt carrier to turn it into a dedicated .22LR upper. Not sure if I can really justify the cost of those two items at the moment just for an experiment.

I went in and added the scans to my already submitted applications. It accepted them because they were attachments, despite all of the fields being locked to edits or saving. Gotta love .gov design and programming.

PSA won't ship to MA, but I was looking at a CMMG 9.2" barrel and the CMMG .22LR bolt carrier. I've got a partially assembled upper that would just need the barrel and bolt carrier to turn it into a dedicated .22LR upper. Not sure if I can really justify the cost of those two items at the moment just for an experiment.

I'm not an expert on .22 ballistics by any means, they are just fun to shoot from an SBR. I have learned through trial and error and then some research I should have done first. With an SBR .22 you want the round to never go supersonic or stay supersonic as long as possible. The .22 gets wanky when it transitions to subsonic, the bullet lacks the weight and length to not get disturbed in the process. In my 4.5 inch barrel set up the only round I can get to go supersonic is the CCI Stinger. I get horrible precision with the Stinger. It leaves the barrel just supersonic and I suspect quickly goes subsonic, I've only measure velocity at the barrel so I don't know how far down range it transitions but at 25 yards it crap. A 9.5 inch barrel will work but you will have to experiment with the best ammo if you want decent accuracy. My advice based on nothing but experience is find the fastest round you can that never goes supersonic. The good news on .22 is there are a million options and one will be perfect with the 9.5" barrel.

Back
Top Bottom