MA making you an AWB felon without notice! More scare tactics coming your way!

The thing is, its still on the website for all to see. Any known efforts made to correct or address it?

Until they actually try to enforce it, there isn't much we can do. The best thing is for the dealers to know the law.

Just out of curiosity, where's the disconnect? Is it this?

A weapon or large capacity feeding device defined in G.L. c. 140, § 121, or a weapon having the characteristics outlined in 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(3), may not be possessed, sold or transferred in the Commonwealth if the weapon was not lawfully possessed under a Massachusetts firearms license on September 13, 1994.

Just out of curiosity, where's the disconnect? Is it this?

There is no requirement in MGL for a pre-ban AW or magazine to have been possessed under a MA firearms license prior to the Sept 13 94 ban date.

Until they actually try to enforce it, there isn't much we can do. The best thing is for the dealers to know the law.

Mission Impossible!!

I remember the "early days" after the 1998 law, Ron Glidden spent a LOT of time trying to correct and educate dealers and distributors as well as PDs. He finally threw his hands in the air and admitted that he was pissing into the wind with all three groups. He publishes and runs the seminars for those that are willing to learn . . . which is still too small a segment of LEOs and essentially no dealers. When I created my seminar, I had high hopes that some dealers and LEOs would attend and learn, maybe even want me to run the seminar at their locations. To date (19 months after launch) I've had a handful of LEOs as students (they all are shooters like us) and only one dealer (Jim McLoud . . . seminar was run at his old range for his customers and himself).

Something about leading horses to water but you can't force them to drink.

Back
Top Bottom