MA magazine limit/AWB

If it's bakelite, metal and unmarked, or has one of the various Arsenal stamps on the back spline, it's a made for military use and pre-ban. I don't think anybody could prove otherwise. Because basically all these countries that manufacture them use different guns nowadays that take different magazines since the early 90s... and have produced millions of akm magazines for decades before 94, and even if they were made after it's not provable
Yep. I have a big pile of surplus-looking metal mags and I don’t worry about it at all. It’s completely unprovable so long as it’s not blatantly marked with recent commercial markings. Those countries made the exact same mag for decades, and the majority were produced before 1990 in a fit of Cold War paranoia/preparedness.

And even then, the history of enforcement of the mag stuff leads me to believe that all the guys I see at the range with brand new Pmags will never have to worry about it either. People get really nervous about this stuff unnecessarily.

Thanks guys. I did some asking on reddit and was told the other magazine is from Poland, marked with a Triangle Eleven. I was pretty sure the magazines were fine since they were included with a purchase from a gun shop in the state. I'm just nervous and don't want legal trouble.

poland ditched 545 when they left the eastern bloc in 96, beginning the feidling and adpotion of the Beryl in 5.56........... so it's safe to say ANY metal polish AKM mag is pre ban.

I'd love to see an AK autist arguing in court. "Your honor, anyone with half a brain would know that Poland switched it's service rifle from the AKM to the Tantal in 1991 and then to the Beryl in 1996. As you can see in exhibit A, the magazine in question cannot be mistaken for Romanian due to the neat spot welds nor can it be misconstrued as Hungarian since the disassembly tab is not grey. Therefore it is clearly Polish and preban."

Just answering the guys question that he was looking for specifics on. You can go f*** yourself douchebag. How about I take a Romanian extra long 40 round (verified pre ban) magazine and shove it up your ass?
The guy is making a joke I think you're taking him a little bit too seriously. If anything he's mocking the retardedness of the law more than anything else and how stupid having to even have the question asked is. And it's not that the Op's question is stupid either but it's like hving a law saying you commit a felony if the wrong bird takes a s*** on your shoulder" but if the bird was born before a certain day it's okay if it takes a s*** on you because it's preban " 🤣 in other words it's mocking the absurdity of the whole exercise

Just answering the guys question that he was looking for specifics on. You can go f*** yourself douchebag. How about I take a Romanian extra long 40 round (verified pre ban) magazine and shove it up your ass?

I'm a big AK guy myself and was just poking fun at how deep into obscure details people like us tend to go. The fact that someone in Mass could theoretically be forced to defend themselves in court using this knowledge when the average person doesn't even know the difference between a "magazine" and a "clip" is absurd. I didn't intend to offend you or discount what you said.

The guy is making a joke I think you're taking him a little bit too seriously. If anything he's mocking the retardedness of the law more than anything else and how stupid having to even have the question asked is. And it's not that the Op's question is stupid either but it's like hving a law saying you commit a felony if the wrong bird takes a s*** on your shoulder" but if the bird was born before a certain day it's okay if it takes a s*** on you because it's preban " 🤣 in other words it's mocking the absurdity of the whole exercise

Exactly

I'm a big AK guy myself and was just poking fun at how deep into obscure details people like us tend to go. The fact that someone in Mass could theoretically be forced to defend themselves in court using this knowledge when the average person doesn't even know the difference between a "magazine" and a "clip" is absurd. I didn't intend to offend you or discount what you said.

Exactly

But the real question is: Have you F'd yourself yet? And are you supplying the 40rd mag or is he??? [rofl]

Sometimes this place is more sensitive than the Facebook Karens. LOL

Yep. I have a big pile of surplus-looking metal mags and I don’t worry about it at all. It’s completely unprovable so long as it’s not blatantly marked with recent commercial markings. Those countries made the exact same mag for decades, and the majority were produced before 1990 in a fit of Cold War paranoia/preparedness.

And even then, the history of enforcement of the mag stuff leads me to believe that all the guys I see at the range with brand new Pmags will never have to worry about it either. People get really nervous about this stuff unnecessarily.
I found my other is Polish. I'd wanted to know what country the magazine is from.

Some brave MA souls might want to roll the dice that the ban is going to be lifted, and sell their pre-ban stuff now. Once the ban lifts, go out and buy brand new stuff at a fraction of the price you sold your pre-ban stuff for. Either put the profit in the bank or just use it to buy even more new stuff.

I’m not sure I’d be that brave. But I might consider selling half of it, or whatever I feel is more than I realistically need. And use that profit to buy new stuff if the ban lifts. That’s one way to reduce the financial hit of the immediate depreciation if the ban lifts, and give yourself some liquidity for brand new standard capacity mags or brand new rifles at a fraction of the cost if the ban goes away.
Look at NJ! I just escaped there. At least us in Massachusetts can carry! A signature of a NJ Judge is required to get your PCH, my friends tell me judges aren't signing off on them!

Where are all the AK's and AK-47's for sale here? It's only AR's for this stuff. I checked all the websites and they say they don't ship to Massachusetts. Jersey is tougher on guns then Massachuetts, but anyone with his FID can get a new AK. I have a Jersified-SAM 7 and want to pick up a ZPAP here but see nothing.

Look at NJ! I just escaped there. At least us in Massachusetts can carry! A signature of a NJ Judge is required to get your PCH, my friends tell me judges aren't signing off on them!
I escaped from MA. Christ, NJ must be horrible. I never thought someone would escape to MA. I'm glad it seems like its getting a little better in MA for you though. I was never able to get anything but a restricted LTC.

I escaped from MA. Christ, NJ must be horrible. I never thought someone would escape to MA. I'm glad it seems like its getting a little better in MA for you though. I was never able to get anything but a restricted LTC.

LateTrout, work transferred me to Boston. Salary difference was enough to make it worth it, narrowly! The L.t.c. process here is less than ideal - but getting your NJPCH is unheard of. I've only been Massachusetts-side a few months but I was under the impression that all Massachusetts L.T.C.'s are "un-restrictued Class A" no matter what they say on the permit.

LateTrout, work transferred me to Boston. Salary difference was enough to make it worth it, narrowly! The L.t.c. process here is less than ideal - but getting your NJPCH is unheard of. I've only been Massachusetts-side a few months but I was under the impression that all Massachusetts L.T.C.'s are "un-restrictued Class A" no matter what they say on the permit.

Awesome. I think anything is probably better than NJ in almost all ways. Boston does have some really fun areas and cool stuff to do. I don't know what the laws are like down there now after the SCOTUs ruling. But I believe they are a lot better than when I was there. Boston used to be damn near impossible to get an unrestricted LTC, and each town used to have its own requirements, as well as being up to the the police chief as to whether they would issue one with restrictions or not. I hope you are right and that it really is unrestricted now.

Back
Top Bottom