• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA LTC renewal

skiro98

NES Member
my LTC is expiring early next year.

Just wondering what people are writing for the part of the form that says ‘Use the lines below to indicate the reason you are requesting the license’

I feel this is a bs question and I want to write in ‘please see the 2nd amendment’ - but I know better than to do that.
I forgot what I entered last time.

maybe I shouldn't say this publicly, but in my city they don't even take in a renewal form. at least that's been my experience. they tell me they have the info on file (if it's a renewal) and just take a new photo. no sweat, photo, wait for receipt and boom, home on the couch with a beer in 20 minutes. oh, I do have to get them to make sure they change my weight and hair color. I haven't been 180 lbs or had brown hair in many years. lol

All lawful purposes

Three words. Done.

If the bitches bitch about the answer go from there. Just avoid asking for restrictions. I shoot in competitions at the club is a bad answer for example.

maybe I shouldn't say this publicly, but in my city they don't even take in a renewal form. at least that's been my experience. they tell me they have the info on file (if it's a renewal) and just take a new photo. no sweat, photo, wait for receipt and boom, home on the couch with a beer in 20 minutes. oh, I do have to get them to make sure they change my weight and hair color. I haven't been 180 lbs or had brown hair in many years. lol

Same here, went to hand over my renewal paperwork and was told if there were no changes there's no need. Was asked if I wanted to keep them for any reason and responded nope so the LO picked them up off the desk and dropped them into a shredder.

So you think it’s not really required to fill in?
Or should I at least fill it in with ‘all lawful purposes’ like mentioned above?

Ps - it’s worcester. Not exactly a gun friendly city.

they usually issue the same license you have now. if you have restrictions, this is the time to change that.

It depends on the town. All Lawful Purposes doesn't work in lots of towns.

BTW, this question has been asked and answered dozens of times here on NES. Answers don't change.

It depends on the town. All Lawful Purposes doesn't work in lots of towns.

BTW, this question has been asked and answered dozens of times here on NES. Answers don't change.
I searched (albeit briefly) and saw LTC questions but none specifically about that part of the form. Sorry.

In New Bedford the Chief no longer requires a letter for a “no restriction “ “all lawful purposes “ lic. It still has it on the application requirements.
My buddy mentioned you didn’t have to anymore but didn’t want to take any chance. They didn’t even look at it. Says we don’t require it any more and handed it back. I also had my work draw up a reference letter which wasn’t even opened.

I do have to get them to make sure they change my weight and hair color. I haven't been 180 lbs or had brown hair in many years. lol

When I was forced into the RMV web site to renew my Driver's license last time, The computer would not accept a height less than the one of record. I am 6' now and the last license read 6'1". Sux to get old. I list my hair as white and they change it to gray, because that was what it was last.

Back
Top Bottom