• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA LTC in NH question

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a hundred bucks, I would wait two week. You will not need a license (not a permit!) at all when Sununu signs SB12.

Will it go into effect immediately? Usually there is some delay before laws go into effect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

looks like this got signed!, so MA class A ltc is good to go for NH carry? without P and R?

Your MA permit has no bearing at all on NH carry, we don't have reciprocity. As long as you're not a prohibited person you can CC in NH, no matter where you're from or what state permits you have or don't have.

ANYONE not prohibited from owning a firearm can carry concealed in NH. We don't care about your LTC.

So you're saying that even as a MA resident, I can carry in NH so long as I legally own my gun?

Is there a link where I can read the actual text of the law?

So you're saying that even as a MA resident, I can carry in NH so long as I legally own my gun?

Is there a link where I can read the actual text of the law?

Not sure if serious, it was on all the newsfeeds this morning. There really isn't a law just a lack of one. NH, VT, and ME are all free-by-default for carry
states now. Maine requires a LE notification if stopped w/o permit, but that's the only major caveat.

This is the bill that was signed into law:

http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?sy=2017&id=154&txtFormat=html

Important part:

'[FONT=&quot]III[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The availability of a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver under this section or under any other provision of law shall not be construed to impose a prohibition on the unlicensed transport or carry of a firearm in a vehicle, or on or about one’s person, whether openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, by a resident, nonresident, or alien if that individual is not otherwise prohibited by statute from possessing a firearm in the state of New Hampshire."

[/FONT]
Also worth noting- NH never had a restriction against free by default unloaded possession for anything, but with this new law you can now also carry a pistol or revolver loaded, concealed or not, in an MV or outside of one, without any kind of a license as long as you're not otherwise some kind of prohibited person/felon who can't carry guns anyways.

-Mike

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom