MA LTC in NH question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacq

NES Member
What would be (or the best place to find said information) the steps to make sure you are in compliance with Law for carrying while in NH?

thanks
Jacq

What would be (or the best place to find said information) the steps to make sure you are in compliance with Law for carrying while in NH?

thanks
Jacq

Ask again in a couple weeks after SB12 is signed by the gov

You can't carry concealed in NH on a MA LTC. You can get a NH non-resident Pistol and Revolver permit.

NH is in the process of considering a law allowing constitutional carry, but that is not yet in place. If and when that passes and comes into effect, then you could carry concealed in NH without a NH Pistol and Revolver permit.

Last edited:
You can't carry concealed in NH on a MA LTC. You can get a NH non-resident Pistol and Revolver permit.

NH is in the process of [STRIKE=.]considering a law allowing[/STRIKE] passing a constitutional carry law, but that is not yet in place. If and when that passes and comes into effect, then you could carry concealed in NH with a NH Pistol and Revolver permit.

Corrected for accuracy... [smile]

To the OP, as already mentioned, keep an eye on this thread: http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-Carry-Bill-SB12-is-out-Let-s-get-this-passed Once it is signed by the new governor you won't need to worry. If you're heading up before then, just open carry and don't worry. If you want to feel better, get a non-resident P&R. Process is a LOT faster than if we wanted to get a MA non-resident LTC, and about 5x cheaper.

Last edited:
Seeing as how the governor hasn't signed it yet, I think my post was accurate. It is still in the legislative process.

Except saying it's being considered leaves lots of room for it to not happen... There's a 99.9999995% chance of it being signed before end of month. While not 100%, it's damned close to it. If he doesn't sign it, he can kiss a second term goodbye.

Except saying it's being considered leaves lots of room for it to not happen... There's a 99.9999995% chance of it being signed before end of month. While not 100%, it's damned close to it. If he doesn't sign it, he can kiss a second term goodbye.

It's on the Governors desk per one of the Bill sponsors.

Other than carrying on person while walking around, when in a vehicle, and right now if you do not have a non-res P&R, pistol/revolvers would have to be unloaded. No permit needed to carry unloaded firearms around in a vehicle in NH.

Other than carrying on person while walking around, when in a vehicle, and right now if you do not have a non-res P&R, pistol/revolvers would have to be unloaded. No permit needed to carry unloaded firearms around in a vehicle in NH.

While unloaded, the magazine (for a pistol) can be right on top of (or next to) the pistol. You don't need to lock it up or separate the magazine from the gun (unlike some states). No need to put it in the trunk or any other stupidity either.

can we put a giant banner on the top of the forum that says "YOUR MA LTC DOESNT MEAN DICK IN ANY OF THE SURROUNDING STATES!"??

At the end of the day out of staters can pay there $100 and carry anyway they want. Law really does no good for out of staters.

What the **** you are talking about? Of course it's good for out of staters. Go read the actual law before you spout shit.

- - - Updated - - -

http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?sy=2017&id=154&txtFormat=html

[FONT=&quot]III[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The availability of a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver under this section or under any other provision of law shall not be construed to impose a prohibition on the unlicensed transport or carry of a firearm in a vehicle, or on or about one’s person, whether openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, by a resident, nonresident, or alien if that individual is not otherwise prohibited by statute from possessing a firearm in the state of New Hampshire.[/FONT]

can we put a giant banner on the top of the forum that says "YOUR MA LTC DOESNT MEAN DICK IN ANY OF THE SURROUNDING STATES!"??
We'd still get these threads, they'd just degenerate faster.

While unloaded, the magazine (for a pistol) can be right on top of (or next to) the pistol. You don't need to lock it up or separate the magazine from the gun (unlike some states). No need to put it in the trunk or any other stupidity either.
For background on the court case Golddiggie is talking about, see [thread=217916]the NH v. Oriol Dor thread[/thread].

Note that the case was back in 2013, but the FAQ on the NHSP website still has the wrong info.

We'd still get these threads, they'd just degenerate faster.

For background on the court case Golddiggie is talking about, see [thread=217916]the NH v. Oriol Dor thread[/thread].

Note that the case was back in 2013, but the FAQ on the NHSP website still has the wrong info.

Hahaha. Four years later. I remember seeing the bad info like a year after the Dor case.

What's the over/under on when they're going to reconcile SB12?

What the **** you are talking about? Of course it's good for out of staters. Go read the actual law before you spout shit.

- - - Updated - - -

http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billText.aspx?sy=2017&id=154&txtFormat=html

[FONT="][B][I]III[/I][/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]. [/FONT][FONT="]The availability of a license to carry a loaded pistol or revolver under this section or under any other provision of law shall not be construed to impose a prohibition on the unlicensed transport or carry of a firearm in a vehicle, or on or about one’s person, whether openly or concealed, loaded or unloaded, by a resident, nonresident, or alien if that individual is not otherwise prohibited by statute from possessing a firearm in the state of New Hampshire.[/FONT]

Easy bud why all the hate....I recant my comment. GGGEEEZZZZ.

NH is in the process of considering a law allowing constitutional carry, but that is not yet in place. If and when that passes and comes into effect, then you could carry concealed in NH with a NH Pistol and Revolver permit.
Shouldn't the bold "with" be without?

Why can't MA be more like NH than damn Hitler nation with the bitch AG leading the parade. [crying]
Well, for one thing, maybe cuz we live in a state where the governor would walk around in a PinkPussyHat 24/7/365 if it meant his approval ratings would keep rising..?
I gave up long ago posting stuff about how much this effin radical lefty commie gulag is, well, like an effin radical lefty commie gulag...Now I just sit and read the "Serenity Prayer" over and over and over, and I've now (I think) developed the wisdom to know the difference (between what I cannot and CAN change... after so many years of smashing my skull against a wall).
It will never EVER get much "better" in MA with regard to the 2A.

I mean, if the Congress should pass nationwide reciprocity? Maura will order roadblocks, literally a ring-around-the-Commonwealth... and she'd travel around to random roadblocks and personally hands-on frisk you to see what you might or might not be transporting inside your waistband....(and, sadly, I'm only being HALF sarcastic sayin' this.)

Just sayin'

Thanks for the Info guys, looks like the P&R permit is the way to go rather than open carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom