• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ma ltc expired need advice pls.

I'm sure that there many people who fall into this situation. Some from the old "good unless revoked" times, and others who just fell out of the sport and neglected to keep up on their permits.

Good advice above. Follow it. Good luck.
Some people also don’t give a dogs dick about renewing and carry anyway. Not the safest route, but they are out there.

Posssession with an expired LTC is NOT a criminal offense (look it up), at most it is strictly a $$ fine! And it is not usually enforced except if the person talks themselves into it or a PD has a hair across their ass for you.

If you are still nervous, have a trusted friend hold them for you. NO transfers desired or required. And regarding the reply to give them to an FFL to hold for you, that FFL will NOT be legally allowed to give you back any handgun not on the EOPS List and AG Regs approved nor will you ever get back any AR or AK due to the AG's memo . . . so NOT a good idea!

Mike is right, just apply and keep your mouth shut. You might ask Mike to delete the thread.

Spot on!

You're probably going to have to take an NRA Basic Pistol or Home Firearm Safety class first! Then apply for a new LTC. Give your firearms to a trusted friend as everyone has said and don't say anything to your local PD about owning ANY guns. DO NOT go into a gun store to sell them or put them on consignment, once they are in the store the dealer cannot give them back to you without an LTC, the shop would have to hold onto them until you can get someone with an LTC or you obtain your LTC to leave the store with them.
Don't know where you are from, but I'm in Haverhill and would hold your guns in my safe if you needed the help, and being an instructor will help you with the NRA class.

There is so much bad advice in this thread. New England Ballistics bonded warehouse? Jesus Christ.

OP - just apply for your new LTC. It's that simple. You've stored your guns with friends since it expired so you have nothing to worry about.
You miss /sarc don’t you?

and what is to say they are not being used, or going to be used for legitimate sporting purposes?

"oh I plan to go target shooting at MFL this weekend Officer !

as long as the person holding the guns does not carry them for self defense, or shoot someone with them, prove beyond a reasonable doubt they were not loaned for target shooting or hunting.

"I told Fred he should take them to the range when he picked them up"

Nothing prevents him from storing them in NH at a friends house either

Cripes NH will issue him a non resident CCW P&R license without him having a MA LTC or FID

and what is to say they are not being used, or going to be used for legitimate sporting purposes?

"oh I plan to go target shooting at MFL this weekend Officer !

as long as the person holding the guns does not carry them for self defense, or shoot someone with them, prove beyond a reasonable doubt they were not loaned for target shooting or hunting.
Go ahead,
beat that ride.
The other shoe hasn't dropped yet,
and how long has the case been open?

Wow I cant believe the response. Thanks everyone for the advice. A relative with license Will hold them when I apply. Everything else is all good. This is a great forum.

Back
Top Bottom