MA LTC class A granted but denied by NICS --- Why?

#1. Nics screws up. #2 they will probably screw up your appeal. I was denied by them and fought them for a year. 5 appeals later it was fixed. Get a certified docket from PA conviction. If the conviction was a state misdemeanor your fine unless potential incarceration exceeded 2 years, any crime over a year or a crime exceeding 2 years considered a misdemeanor by the state is a disqualifier. But you'll have to fight nics. Submit a voluntary appeal file form for a upin with your docket. Print the law too for them! They're stupid. Like one person there has a brain. If your problem persists contact Sherry there! Only her. Do not go to a dealer until this is resolved! If you make a private purchase nics will not know. But if your involved in an investigation including your firearm, you would be considered a federally disqualified individual regardless of state license. Federal govt does not acknowledge your ltc.

At this point consider contacting an attorney who specializes in firearms law. Also who told you about PA court records? Was this an official source or something somebody told you.

Frankly your issue probably transcends the advice required from an Internet gun forum, although I think you have been given helpful information.

Exactly! It's a denial if its punishable in excess of one year, or in excess of two years if considered a state misdemeanor. Everyone thinks its 1 yr+ no matter what. But that's not the case

If you have a mass lic and want a gun buy it private. This is the problem I had with nics. They denied me, I appealed. They then never completed the appeal and left me hanging. I need to see the letter to interpret it for you. They did not do their job. But i can tell you the next step towards resolving this. [email protected]

Sent u back a long winded email. I try not to miss anything. The Letters you got are all "form letters" and do not directly pertain to you. Mean nothing. Just standard replies. Everyone gets those same letters.

Back
Top Bottom