• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ma legal m&p shield without safety

I have one in 40. The left hand shooters will appreciate them. I still like the 9MM better but since I am a 357SIG fan, I got the 40 and I am waiting for a barrel from storm Lake. They claim 357SIG Shield is on for early 2015

I actually like the safety on the shield its small but easy to comfortably reach

As long as you have a holster that covers the safety you shouldn't have any issues. I have an owb and I find it engaged sometimes

As long as you have a holster that covers the safety you shouldn't have any issues. I have an owb and I find it engaged sometimes

This is a perfect example of why I'm a fan of training with the safety if you have a gun equipped with one. I had a similar thing with the safety on my SR9c catching on my holster occasionally, so rather than risk having it accidentally engage, I started engaging it all the time, and practiced sweeping it off on my draw. Since it had a down stroke to disengage similar to a 1911, it was easy to make muscle memory. Now whether it's on or off I have the same motion on the draw. Is the Shield safety setup in a similar fashion?

This is a perfect example of why I'm a fan of training with the safety if you have a gun equipped with one. I had a similar thing with the safety on my SR9c catching on my holster occasionally, so rather than risk having it accidentally engage, I started engaging it all the time, and practiced sweeping it off on my draw. Since it had a down stroke to disengage similar to a 1911, it was easy to make muscle memory. Now whether it's on or off I have the same motion on the draw. Is the Shield safety setup in a similar fashion?

Yup.. Down to disengage.

I'm a righty and I don't like the safety. Look at the trigger, 10+|- pull, ouch.
Got one with a 5 lb. trigger and its a good shooter.
I also have a Walther PPS with no safety and its fine.

The safety never bothered me. I practice with it on whenever performing draw strokes.

I usually have it in a crossbreed, but sometimes wear it with a 5.11 holster shirt when running in colder weather. In that case I actually like the safety, as the holster shirt doesn't provide a whole lot of trigger protection. Otherwise I would probably have preferred no safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom