MA Laws Regarding Pump Shotguns

Hi everyone. First post here, though I cruise everyday. Thank you to everyone out there posting, the advice and knowledge is great. I'm sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but when I try to find information on Mass Laws regarding pump shotguns, the conversation always turns to semi-auto shotguns. My question is pretty simple. Is it true a pump shotgun will never be considered an assault weapon by MA law? For instance, if I wanted to buy a stock rem 870, but add features such as a combined pistol grip/telescopic stock (knoxx specop stock), put a 2 round extension tube on it, and an 18"1/2 barrel, would that be totally illegal? I've read that pump shotguns don't need to follow the "2 evil features" rule because it is not a semi-auto shotgun to begin with, therefore it can never be considered an assault rifle. I just wanted to verify with anyone who has knowledge on the subject regarding modifications for a pump shotgun such as the rem 870. Thanks again everyone!

A pump is not considered an assault weapon by MA because it is not semiautomatic. You can put a knoxx stock, extension tube, and 18" barrel on it.

Where have you read that you cannot do that?

Hi everyone. First post here, though I cruise everyday. Thank you to everyone out there posting, the advice and knowledge is great. I'm sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, but when I try to find information on Mass Laws regarding pump shotguns, the conversation always turns to semi-auto shotguns. My question is pretty simple. Is it true a pump shotgun will never be considered an assault weapon by MA law? For instance, if I wanted to buy a stock rem 870, but add features such as a combined pistol grip/telescopic stock (knoxx specop stock), put a 2 round extension tube on it, and an 18"1/2 barrel, would that be totally illegal? I've read that pump shotguns don't need to follow the "2 evil features" rule because it is not a semi-auto shotgun to begin with, therefore it can never be considered an assault rifle. I just wanted to verify with anyone who has knowledge on the subject regarding modifications for a pump shotgun such as the rem 870. Thanks again everyone!

You need a bayonet, too.

A pump is not considered an assault weapon by MA because it is not semiautomatic. You can put a knoxx stock, extension tube, and 18" barrel on it.

Where have you read that you cannot do that?

It isn't now but 'will never be considered'.....who knows?

As the law currently stands, nothing you do to a pump shotgun will make it into an "assault weapon".

As an aside, if I were you, I would opt for the Mesa Tactical stock adapters with your choice of AR pistol grip and stock, rather than Knoxx, but maybe that's just me.

Why don't you ask your boss if she is planning on trying to include pump guns in the AWB in the future.

What about a 20 inch barrel? Joking. Pump plus pistol grip OK. Keep in mind if you hunt you will have to limit shell capacity.
Only when hunting migratory birds subject to federal regulation (must be plugged to accept only 3 shells). Other than that.....load up.

Back
Top Bottom