• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA laws near schools

I posted this over in the Laws forum, but I'm sure it will get more traffic here, so I am reposting:

My wife and I have been house shopping. One property we viewed directly abuts an elementary school. We like the home, but I am concerned about my firearms, laws and the house's proximity to the school. Are there any firearms regs that anyone knows about that could cause me a potential issue here? I don't know of any in particular, but it just set off a red flag in my mind that it could cause some issues.

AFAIK don't shoot in your backyard and you'll be all set. Gun-free zones don't extend onto private property.

I must be slacking at work, because this was sent using Tapatalk

IANAL.

You are fine, legally.

Now...from a Massprudence point of view, I'd be cautious with taking your toys out, especially when there's a line of cars waiting for chilluns....lawful possession one's own property might freak some fearful ones out.

I'd also make sure that there's no sightline from the playground to your deck, if you're using the deck for cleaning your killy EBRs.....

I know in nh my house is next to a elementary school and local pd said no laws unless you committed a firearms related crime in the area. So is assume unless you commit a crime near the school your fine.

I know in nh my house is next to a elementary school and local pd said no laws unless you committed a firearms related crime in the area. So is assume unless you commit a crime near the school your fine.

While accurate, the logic of citing "local pd said" as an authoritative source of information is flawed.

Last edited:
While accurate, the logic of citing "local pd said" as an authoritative source of information of flawed.

Lol along with Evan nappen when I asked him. It's like the old seatbelt laws in mass the way I look at it they couldn't pull you over for not wearing it but if you got caught not wearing it ontop of being pulled over for some other reason then they'ed fine you. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I viewed it.

Back
Top Bottom