• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Gun Store owner's opinion on firearms

****ing ******* !!! I hope your shop closes in 60 days ....[angry2] Need to get the word about this douchenozzle

I took relish in the calling him out as a liar, and manipulator, and someone who has no business being in the NRA , GOAL, or the damn ladies knitting cavalry. Your point is well taken too, drgrant,

The funny part about that billboard is that as far as a billboards go, it's a 110% failbus. Unless you're a pedestrian, or the traffic is stopped on the pike you'll never really even see the thing. I drove by it last Sunday night, and I knew what it was, but certainly couldn't read the thing or what the stupid counter said on it.

-Mike

Unfortunately the Brookline ave bridge over the pike is the main path for sox viewers between the train and Fenway. It is also a main path for anyone taking the b line from Allston going to Longwood area hospitals and schools. Thousands of people and their passengers also get suck in traffic on that spot every week.

Not to disprove you but it's almost as good a location as behind home plate.
I say we fund a billboard across the highway disproving that bullshit. Whose in? Crowd funding anyone?

Unfortunately the Brookline ave bridge over the pike is the main path for sox viewers between the train and Fenway. It is also a main path for anyone taking the b line from Allston going to Longwood area hospitals and schools. Thousands of people and their passengers also get suck in traffic on that spot every week.

Not to disprove you but it's almost as good a location as behind home plate.
I say we fund a billboard across the highway disproving that bullshit. Whose in? Crowd funding anyone?

in. let me know where to write the check

The fenway billboard gets me steamed every time. I work close by, so I see it often. Without even going into why the number shown is way bigger than it should be, almost none of those deaths are from assault weapons, it is just straight up lies.
I would love to see the NRA or someone else with deep pockets put up a sign showing the lies and inaccuracies with that billboard. Every time I see their billboard on the pike it annoys me, I suppose that is their point though.

When my parents first started taking me to Red Sox games when I was a little kid, I used to see that billboard and think it was so awesome. My reading level was low so all I really saw was a 79 foot long AK47 and deciphered that the words implied "you can have one of these". It made me want an AK. Never even crossed my mind that it was an anti gun ad.

I would love to see the NRA or someone else with deep pockets put up a sign showing the lies and inaccuracies with that billboard. Every time I see their billboard on the pike it annoys me, I suppose that is their point though.

Not a bad idea. Maybe we could officially enlist the NRA to help fund a billboard with the truth. So how about it GOAL guys? Can we look into making it happen? Especially since winter's almost here. I don't really feel like getting a tent and camping out on Rosenthal's billboard. #2cold2occupy

WGS has like 10 guns on hand I have been there 2 times and the 1st the guy was just a asshat. I chalked that up to maybe a bad day or something. 2nd time in same inventory and he was again a total jerk. That was at least 5 years ago. Have never been back.

He offers NRA classes which consist of sticking people in a room and them watching a 3 hour video. Sign and pay.

I actually had a couple contact me about my course and asked me a lot of questions about was there hands on and such. I said of course...They came and enjoyed my class and told me about the experience at WGS and how neither felt even remotely able to handle a gun safely after it.

I drive by there 2 or 3 times a week and never see a car in parking lot.

They you are just giving him attention and it becomes a he said she said that most of the public tunes out. It's better to put the money towards youth shooting programs, and other outreach. This is a billboard we know about because the issue is front and center to us. But do you think the general public gives a bleep about it? It's just noise to them and meaningless. How many billboards or tv ads are there? Do you remember any of them really?

WGS has like 10 guns on hand I have been there 2 times and the 1st the guy was just a asshat. I chalked that up to maybe a bad day or something. 2nd time in same inventory and he was again a total jerk. That was at least 5 years ago. Have never been back.

He offers NRA classes which consist of sticking people in a room and them watching a 3 hour video. Sign and pay.

I actually had a couple contact me about my course and asked me a lot of questions about was there hands on and such. I said of course...They came and enjoyed my class and told me about the experience at WGS and how neither felt even remotely able to handle a gun safely after it.

I drive by there 2 or 3 times a week and never see a car in parking lot.

The "store" is probably now just so he can be mike the gun guy and described as a gun store owner on Puffington host, etc. Like the dink Rosenthal never misses a chance to call himself a gun owner, it's just for street cred to the lib's. The guy looks like a tool, so I'm not surprised by his writings and such.

Mike Weisser is at it again - NYT editorial

Joe Nocera is a rabid anti gunner on the New York Times Editorial Board
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/04/opinion/joe-nocera-guns-and-public-health.html?ref=opinion

Guns and Public Health

Mike Weisser is my favorite gun dealer. The longtime proprietor of the Ware Gun Shop in Ware, Mass., Weisser, 70, estimates he has sold more than 40,000 guns in his career as a wholesaler and retailer. He also has a nice little business teaching a gun-safety course that Massachusetts requires of all new gun owners.......

...There’s something else about Weisser: He strongly believes that the country needs a new approach to guns and gun violence — an approach that is more data-driven, less hyperbolic, and that emphasizes the public health aspect of gun violence. Using the pen name Mike the Gun Guy,.....

....Of all the things Weisser advocates, the issue he is most passionate about is the need for doctors to become part of the debate over gun safety......

...I asked Weisser how his business has been. He told me that he stopped selling guns at retail earlier this year. He was too busy with the conference. It could be the beginning of something big.....end
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great, now he is going on the lecture circuit.

Ware gun shop-it's the new gun room. Ever been in there-total dump. Dust every where and the place is decrepit. I feel like a i need a shower after I walk out. Guy yelled at me over my dog who ran out of my car and ran in the parking lot before jumping back in my car. Told him to F off and then left.

Joe Nocera is a rabid anti gunner on the New York Times Editorial Board
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/04/opinion/joe-nocera-guns-and-public-health.html?ref=opinion

Guns and Public Health

Mike Weisser is my favorite gun dealer. The longtime proprietor of the Ware Gun Shop in Ware, Mass., Weisser, 70, estimates he has sold more than 40,000 guns in his career as a wholesaler and retailer. He also has a nice little business teaching a gun-safety course that Massachusetts requires of all new gun owners.......

...There’s something else about Weisser: He strongly believes that the country needs a new approach to guns and gun violence — an approach that is more data-driven, less hyperbolic, and that emphasizes the public health aspect of gun violence. Using the pen name Mike the Gun Guy,.....

....Of all the things Weisser advocates, the issue he is most passionate about is the need for doctors to become part of the debate over gun safety......

...I asked Weisser how his business has been. He told me that he stopped selling guns at retail earlier this year. He was too busy with the conference. It could be the beginning of something big.....end
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great, now he is going on the lecture circuit.

more bullshit from this story, the conference Weisser had a hand in organizing

http://nmcgv.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Conference-Program.pdf

ware gun shop has been closed for several months.....at least 6. from what I heard the feds shut him down over his book keeping. something about missing guns or paperwork on said guns. hopefully that douche is gone forever.

bob

ware gun shop has been closed for several months.....at least 6. from what I heard the feds shut him down over his book keeping. something about missing guns or paperwork on said guns. hopefully that douche is gone forever.

bob

...so the big anti is missing guns/paperwork? Not shady at all...

It looks like he still has the training business and does a lot on Groupon. From what I have seen Groupon customers value cheap above everything else.

That store, back when it did volume (like about 10 yrs ago) it was always a depot for skinflints, Ware used to even undercut FS and a couple other shops. Nobody at S&W (or some distributor that sells them stuff) will ever admit it, but an abnormal amount of ****ed up S&W handguns seemed to originate from that place at one time. Every other S&W handgun I saw with some odd manufacturing defect seemed to come from that shop.

-Mike

I'm encouraged by the comments to the article though. To get flamed as hard as he did on the Huffpost site takes alot of work!

The problem is that HuffPuffPass sees those comments and thinks "wow he really has a lot of people engaged by his artcles". Then they look at the traffic they generate and keep him on. I would feel better if he were completely ignored and nobody read those insulting blogs.

The problem is that HuffPuffPass sees those comments and thinks "wow he really has a lot of people engaged by his artcles". Then they look at the traffic they generate and keep him on. I would feel better if he were completely ignored and nobody read those insulting blogs.

All this piece is, or ones like it in the globe, etc is click bait. They see the web hits and they'll do more. Ignore him, don't give him the attention nor huff puke the web traffic that makes them money.

Back
Top Bottom