• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Gun Store owner's opinion on firearms

A gun store owning Fudd who would ever think that is possible. Way to have our backs *******. I say boycott that jerk wad.

"He’s in favor of what he sees as the right kind of gun control—he accepts that the best way to have less gun violence is to have fewer guns—"

"the truth is that gun violence is, outside of poor, minority neighborhoods, relatively rare"

So an anti gun advocate writing in the New Yorker pens these two quotes from a gun store owner in his article.......what this is telling me is there is proof the gun grabbers need to get a grip and realize that the damn gun violence problem is with the inner city gangstah shit heads shooting each other up.......go after them and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

I can't stand these asshats to don't comprehend that a firearm need not be discharged to prevent a crime. Even its mere presence is often enough to thwart a crime, and that's the effing point.

The names Benedict Arnold and Neville Chamberlain come to mind. Appeasement is not a good strategy Mike. They'll eventually get around to you too.

- - - Updated - - -

He is most likely pushing for background checks, as that could mean that he would be able to make money just doing transfers.

Not for long in this state. Can't legally transfer banned items.

That guy is a real son of a bitch. I hate him, his store, and his policies. He is a slob that has an issue breathing, he smells, his is trash. My wife went there with a groupon for her LTC training. My wife asked to use the restroom, his response to her was "I bombed the bathroom, you should head to MacDonalds down the street". When my wife came back, he started screaming at her for taking more than 3 minutes. (thats 3 minutes to go upstairs, go outside, jump in her car, drive a mile down the road..I think you know the rest). Either way, the day that the piece of sh!t yelled at my wife was the last day he ever received any of my money. Its also one of the few times my wife told someone off (besides me of course)

Last edited:
In the last paragraph the writer writes that owning a gun is irrational? How the **** did he make that conclusion?

Damn. On the main page all I saw was "MA Gun store owners take on..." and I was hoping it ended in "AG's office and EOPS pointless regulations."

Yeah, right. Keep dreaming John.

America, he points out, is the only country where small arms are fascinating to otherwise law-abiding citizens.

What? The idiot didn't do much research into that little tidbit.

Just off the top of my head, I'd point out that the Airsoft market as it exists today stemmed directly from the Japanese. There was a massive demand for modern firearms, but restrictive laws do not allow citizens to own them. As such, high-quality, realistic replicas were produced to satisfy that demand.

Also, I've looked at the presence of non-firing modern firearms in the UK. Here's a tidbit from the "Blades and Bows" UK website:

All the replica firearms we list for sale are designs made or patented pre 1870. No licence is required to buy replicas of pre 1870 firearms.

Modern replicas are available (automatic pistols, AK47s etc) but proof of re-enactment group membership, theatre groups or film prop use is needed to purchase along with a copy of 3rd party insurance. Please phone us if you require post 1870 realistic replicas.

So, can you really say there isn't a fascination with small arms in a country if the laws there don't even allow their citizens to own replica guns?

He's a POS from way back. A good friend of mine was in another business with him prior to his owning the gun store, and my friend got screwed royally.

From Mr. Weisser's unfounded assumption that "America... is the only country where small arms are fascinating to otherwise law-abiding citizens" to his claim of concealed carry firearms being used for self-defense purposes happens rarely, if ever, he outs himself as a self loathing liberal with a guilty conscience from selling his troublesome wares.

Has this man traveled the world in a quest to verify his allegations of the rest of the worlds feelings of ambivalence or even outright disdain for small arms? Perhaps the feelings of some of the worlds other democracies towards firearms can be traced to the confiscation and banning that has occurred in nations such as Great Britain and Australia. As for his "profound and disquieting point" regarding military style weapons, it sounds more akin to Oprah like psycho babble. Does he really think that we buy AR's because we want to live out a G.I. Joe fantasy? How about his disregard of multiple studies, including Obama's own CDC report, that chronicles the high frequency of self defense gun uses?

All in all, he is a Fudd on steroids, incapable of seeing the larger picture, and a danger to us all.

Weisser is truthful about guns and gun violence in ways that underline the essentially cultural, or symbolic, if you like, nature of the practices involved. (America, he points out, is the only country where small arms are fascinating to otherwise law-abiding citizens.)
No, Weisser is conveniently ON THE AUTHOR'S SIDE, which is why they call him truthful. And what is this "otherwise law-abiding" crap? That clearly insinuates that gun owners are not law-abiding by their ownership of guns. Sorry, but we are "law-abiding", PERIOD.

Back
Top Bottom