• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Gun Show finds

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
No, I didn't buy anything; the cash I thought I had to spend wound up covering a $550 repair bill to the antique Pontiac - such is life. To top that off, tonight she ate the AC fan belt on the way to the cruise night...

I went to the Marlboro (MA) gunshow. I only found four K98's. Two were dual code bcd/ar 42's. One was an honest bolt MM with original rod and hood with a dirty bore for $1350, and the other was a bolt MM in an unmarked Norwegian stock with mismatching bands, no hood, rod, or capture screws, and also a dirty bore for $650.

The third was a low sniper bnz 44 large font single rune for $3500; didn't feel right and I didn't inspect it.

The fourth was a matching byf42 action in an unmarked replacement stock with matching bands an unserialed stamped floorplate; had screws, hood, rod, and sling. Price $750 I think.

MS

Last edited:
Sorry, Marlboro. Tomorrow as well; RT20 west from 495. Second hotel on the right. Digital street marquee says 'gun show'.

MS

I didn't have a lot of time due to kids sports issues. But I did cruise thru...found a nice Mosin carbine and should have bought it. Not having the research on it or a lot of time I passed.....regretting it now, or at least I should have taken a better look. M44 is on the short list, I've wanted one for a while.

Other than that everything seemed kinda overpriced as far as C&R stuff goes....FFL's get better deals online.

I already mentioned it in the Marlboro gunshow thread, but I saw a decent shape East German Makarov there on Sunday for $275. The same guns are going for $300 to $400 on GB lately, so I'm hoping someone noticed it and gave it a new home.

I already mentioned it in the Marlboro gunshow thread, but I saw a decent shape East German Makarov there on Sunday for $275. The same guns are going for $300 to $400 on GB lately, so I'm hoping someone noticed it and gave it a new home.

Yeah I saw the post and am glad I didn't see it at the show because I F'ed up and left my wallet on the front seat of my truck when I met up with Ripach to go to the shoot/show last Saturday.[sad2]

No, I didn't buy anything; the cash I thought I had to spend wound up covering a $550 repair bill to the antique Pontiac - such is life. To top that off, tonight she ate the AC fan belt on the way to the cruise night...

I went to the Marlboro (MA) gunshow. I only found four K98's. Two were dual code bcd/ar 42's. One was an honest bolt MM with original rod and hood with a dirty bore for $1350, and the other was a bolt MM in an unmarked Norwegian stock with mismatching bands, no hood, rod, or capture screws, and also a dirty bore for $650.

The third was a low sniper bnz 44 large font single rune for $3500; didn't feel right and I didn't inspect it.

The fourth was a matching byf42 action in an unmarked replacement stock with matching bands an unserialed stamped floorplate; had screws, hood, rod, and sling. Price $750 I think.

MS

The surplus military stuff is starting to get there just do, the prices are going higher and higher even more on the sks's there offering right now.

Many years ago when i went to the west springfield gun show for the very first time there were two tables full of '41 johnsons and german sniper 98k mausers and G43's. The johnsons were around $1,200 and the german rifles were $900/1,000. I thought they were alot back then. It seemed at every gun show after that they were on the increase. Now we don't see that many of them now. Someone is paying the big $$, there not in my safe. Bill

I had some extra mad money but the new chimney repair bill is $1,800 there goes a few more surplups.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom