MA Gun Registration

In the past bunch of years, the Dems could have passed the nastiest gun control that made NY and NJ look like pikers. They didn’t. Mass isn’t great, but it’s a lot better than the states who have gone full commie.

The question is why?

Hard work by certain people who had cultivated good relationships with key legislators saved the day in 2013 during the last big push. Not sure we can do it again if another shitshow happens.

Nothing personal to anyone here, but the stupidist thing one can do is to register what isn't required by law or trying to correct errors in their database.
Goes along with the old saying, "If they aren't smart enough to fix it, Don't be dumb enough to help them". The nice thing about those that have inaccurate records, it calls in to question any records that they may present.

I’ve never pulled the info on what the state says I have… I almost did one side of curiosity, but I can guarantee you it’s f***ed up one way or another…

It would be pretty difficult situation to be in if they were trying to confiscate guns from you that you never own in the first place, it’s awfully hard to prove or disprove a negitive.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Because worrying about it isn’t gonna make any difference.

Just try to keep your paperwork separate from the guns that way if your guns get stolen, they don’t steal the paperwork with it because that would be a nightmare

For audit
A friend is doing an audit of his firearm collection. Is there a way for him to find all his guns in the MA registry?
What is your friend actually looking to achieve? Are you trying to find if you own any guns that they don't have a record of? Are you trying to find out if you have sold guns that maybe they still have registered to you? What is it? For an audit of what you own, you can go look around your house. For an audit of what they know, that is a different question.

And who could forget this exemption from Chapter 140:
Section 128A. The provisions of section one hundred and twenty-eight shall not apply to any person who, without being licensed as provided in section one hundred and twenty-two, sells or transfers a firearm, rifle or shotgun to a person licensed under said section one hundred and twenty-two, or to a federally licensed firearms dealer or to a federal, state or local historical society, museum or institutional collection open to the public.

Not required to notify FRB when the gun is received by or transferred through a dealer.

What if I have a shovel, turn it into a gun, register it, decide I need to bury my other guns in case they come looking for guns I own, may own, or have never owned and turn the gun back into a shovel. Do I notify them of the shovel to gun to shovel transaction?

Another example, you are old enough to have had guns sold to you on the old "blue card" and the records were lost in a flood at a state building decades ago. I still have a few "onion skins" in my files.

Who among you are old enough to know what that is?
I remember when that happened or heard it happened.

I did the same thing after the MA "laws" were reinterpreted. I have 2 guns listed by the state to me that i have never heard of or owned a gun like it. I think getting the list from the state may have some valie to some people but it is pretty useless other than some general info for someone that is curious.
The most important rule is avoid attracting the attention of the government. Sending in a request to see what they think you have attracts attention.

Bad move.

I did the same thing after the MA "laws" were reinterpreted. I have 2 guns listed by the state to me that i have never heard of or owned a gun like it. I think getting the list from the state may have some valie to some people but it is pretty useless other than some general info for someone that is curious.
So what did you do about it? ... probably nothing, so what was the point of getting the list?

I know people that got the wrong serial in an FA10 and didn't realize it until weeks later. Dealers make mistakes.

For audit

What is your friend actually looking to achieve? Are you trying to find if you own any guns that they don't have a record of? Are you trying to find out if you have sold guns that maybe they still have registered to you? What is it? For an audit of what you own, you can go look around your house. For an audit of what they know, that is a different question.
He wasn't sure if he registered a lower that he completed or not. He ended up filling it out again to be sure. No guns were lost or stolen.

I don't want to know I must currently have hundreds of guns still listed in my name.

If the police kick down my door I am screwed becase I can't back up all the sales and transfers. They will spend the rest of time chasing down the firearms I no longer have. Lock me upforever.

Back
Top Bottom