MA. Green license plates.

SERE

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I thought this was a nice find that was sent my way. For the older drivers that want to hold onto your GREEN plates here you go:

Laura says:
Hi,
Thanks for the compliment on our work. : )
We have researched the legality of the manner in which we are refurbishing these plates, and have yet to find any information that confirms that it is illegal to have a refurbished green plate. What the information HAS stated is that the RMV wants to replace plates that are damaged, worn or generally not clearly readable from a distance of 60 feet.
MassachusettsMotor Vehicle License Plate Refurbishing

View attachment 78609

Standard I have no affiliation with this person/s.

PaulR

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
we like them because only a front plate is required, no rear.

<edit> Rear, not front....you know what I meant...not sure I did lol

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I still have the green plate, have had it since the early 80's. No intention of getting rid of it, until they tell me that I can't renew it anymore at the DMV.....

- - - Updated - - -

we like them because only a front plate is required, no rear.
It's the other way around, I like it for the no front plate needed also....

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How about some strategically placed mud, dirt, leaves, or snow? When I wash my car, I purposely leave the state's plate dirty.

Last edited:

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My mother bought a Blue lettered plate at a swap meet. And she was able to register it. Its on here 71 GTO.
That's legal under the Year Of Manufacture law.
You can use vintage plates on an antique car if they're period correct for when the car was made.
However, the exact number combination cannot be in current use on any other vehicle with modern plates.
Also, vehicles registered in this manner are subject to the same use restrictions as if it had "ANTIQUE" plates.
Which limits your operation to weekends, holidays and car show events.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I finally had to give up my green plate. Lasted decades. The new shit plate is already peeling after like 3 years. Must be made in China now instead of prisons.
I just got a new Mass front plate (same number as my current registration) for $10 bucks. I have been driving around for 13 years with a front plate that was on a truck that was totaled in a front end collision. I hammered it out flat and have put it on my last four vehicles. Finally, I got tired of the fact that it looked terrible.

LoginName

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Old subject.
Still illegal to use repainted plates because the background reflective paint won't be the same as originally applied by the plate manufacturer.

Yep, IIRC, the reflective paint is a proprietary thing unique to MA.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...re-repainting-refinishing-license-plates.html
A refurbed/repainted plate might even be more likely to send up a red flag/get pulled over than a beat to shit plate.

I'll never understand why anyone gives a sh!t about green license plates.
Because the State, RMV, and PoPo doesn't like or want you to have them... that's good enough reason for me. [smile]

namedpipes

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'll never understand why anyone gives a sh!t about green license plates.
I'll never understand why anyone gives a sh!t about other people giving a sh!t about green license plates.

Far as I'm concerned, if it pisses off Deval, I'm all for it.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That's legal under the Year Of Manufacture law.
You can use vintage plates on an antique car if they're period correct for when the car was made.
However, the exact number combination cannot be in current use on any other vehicle with modern plates.
Also, vehicles registered in this manner are subject to the same use restrictions as if it had "ANTIQUE" plates.
Which limits your operation to weekends, holidays and car show events.
I didnt realize the restriction part of it! she drives the car whenever and wherever.

I know she got a few plates in case the combination was re issued to a modern plate.

Lowbird

NES Member
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Green, Red. My car will only ever have one. Gimme all the tickets you want. Personal preference. Most cops are cool. Second plate can sit in the windshield.
My truck who cares.

Top Bottom