Ma GOAl alert

mcshooter

NES Life Member
NES Member

Massachusetts: Gun Bills Scheduled for Public Hearing Tomorrow​

blocked
Tomorrow, November 16th, the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security will be holding a public hearing at 11:00 AM, to discuss numerous bills pertaining to firearm laws in the state. Please contact committee members and ask them to OPPOSE anti-gun measures that would place further burdens on law-abiding gun owners and sportsmen.
Some of the latest in this line of ill-founded proposals are:
  • Firearm rationing schemes
  • Criminalizing private firearm transfers
  • Increased taxes on firearms and ammunition
  • Required liability insurance for gun ownership
Fortunately, there are a number of pro-gun proposals before the committee that would make positive reforms for firearm owners in the Commonwealth. Please contact committee members today and urge them to reject proposals pushing gun control, and to SUPPORT House Bills 2512 and House Bill 2536.
House Bill 2512: creates a new section of law that provides a clear presumption that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual civil right in Massachusetts. The bill also provides protections against other government entities in the state from passing laws that further restrict Second Amendment rights. State firearms preemption avoids a confusing patchwork of firearms laws across the state.
House Bill 2536 enacts into state law a provision to expand protections for out-of-state/non-residents while traveling through the Commonwealth with a firearm to avoid harassment and any unnecessary delays. Current federal law, the Firearms Owners Protection Act (FOPA), provides legal protection for lawful gun owners traveling across the country. This law allows lawful gun owners to transport firearms across state lines to and from certain locations as long as firearms are unloaded and stored in the trunk or locked container.
Again, please contact committee members and urge them to OPPOSE any and all anti-gun measures, and to SUPPORT House Bills 2512 and 2536.

So, a PUBLIC HEARING, without the public? Just some form of Zoom thingy?

I'm an analog guy in a digital world.

The only ZOOM that I'm familiar with, required SASEs...

ZOOM.jpg

"MA: Take Action and Contact Committee Members!"​

What committee?

Who are these committee members?

How do we contact them?

If this is a hearing, how do we attend?

Is this hearing being held in secret?

How are people of either side suppose to make out opinions heard?

Even Moms Demand - MA has no information on this. Usually there are sending busloads of people to these events.

So, a PUBLIC HEARING, without the public? Just some form of Zoom thingy?

I'm an analog guy in a digital world.

The only ZOOM that I'm familiar with, required SASEs...

ZOOM.jpg
SASE = secure access service edge?

It sounded like Decker was about to say that licensed folks should still be able to buy ghost guns.
She did not say that though.

They just had an Army veteran against semi auto guns.

He claims that only part that has to be registered is the trigger group.
He claims that anybody can get a receiver.
He is wrong.
Maybe a SIG has the trigger group that is registered but just about all other guns like other handguns or the ghost guns and AR's he talked about have the receiver as the registered part. Otherwise we all could get AR15 receivers and not even have to worry about creating ghost guns from 80%.
What a maroon!

Massachusetts: Gun Bills Scheduled for Public Hearing Tomorrow​

blocked
Tomorrow, November 16th, the Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security will be holding a public hearing at 11:00 AM, to discuss numerous bills pertaining to firearm laws in the state. Please contact committee members and ask them to OPPOSE anti-gun measures that would place further burdens on law-abiding gun owners and sportsmen.
Some of the latest in this line of ill-founded proposals are:
  • Firearm rationing schemes
  • Criminalizing private firearm transfers
  • Increased taxes on firearms and ammunition
  • Required liability insurance for gun ownership
Fortunately, there are a number of pro-gun proposals before the committee that would make positive reforms for firearm owners in the Commonwealth. Please contact committee members today and urge them to reject proposals pushing gun control, and to SUPPORT House Bills 2512 and House Bill 2536.
House Bill 2512: creates a new section of law that provides a clear presumption that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual civil right in Massachusetts. The bill also provides protections against other government entities in the state from passing laws that further restrict Second Amendment rights. State firearms preemption avoids a confusing patchwork of firearms laws across the state.
House Bill 2536 enacts into state law a provision to expand protections for out-of-state/non-residents while traveling through the Commonwealth with a firearm to avoid harassment and any unnecessary delays. Current federal law, the Firearms Owners Protection Act (FOPA), provides legal protection for lawful gun owners traveling across the country. This law allows lawful gun owners to transport firearms across state lines to and from certain locations as long as firearms are unloaded and stored in the trunk or locked container.
Again, please contact committee members and urge them to OPPOSE any and all anti-gun measures, and to SUPPORT House Bills 2512 and 2536.
Ahhhhh…… hey, I will be the first guy to admit I am NOT a lawyer but…. After scanning thru the bills that they were trying to pass last night, I did notice that they are trying to change the words used in the mass general gun laws. They want to change the term “ assault weapon” to “ semi-automatic weapons” . Maybe I’m not completely understanding the “wordage”, but if this is what they intend to do, then by default, almost any firearm owner in the state will be in possession of “banned” weapons. Please, somebody respond to this and tell me I’m wrong….

Ahhhhh…… hey, I will be the first guy to admit I am NOT a lawyer but…. After scanning thru the bills that they were trying to pass last night, I did notice that they are trying to change the words used in the mass general gun laws. They want to change the term “ assault weapon” to “ semi-automatic weapons” . Maybe I’m not completely understanding the “wordage”, but if this is what they intend to do, then by default, almost any firearm owner in the state will be in possession of “banned” weapons. Please, somebody respond to this and tell me I’m wrong….
If you can't use words to you advantage - change the definition.

Back
Top Bottom