• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA: Free Flu Shots for Guns

The city of Worcester, Massachusetts is asking citizens to bring their weapons to the police department next weekend as part of the city's annual "Goods for Guns Buyback Program." In return for the guns, the city will offer gift certificates, and - a free flu shot.

Telegram.com reports:

"City residents, or residents of any other community, may bring their unwanted weapons, unloaded and wrapped in a bag, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday to the Worcester Police headquarters in Lincoln Square, or from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Dec. 8 to the Worcester Division of Public Health, 25 Meade St."

Since the program began in 2002, "Goods for Guns" has collected approximately 2,200 guns. Last year 40 guns were collected by the police department. Deputy Chief McGinn said guns that are turned in are destroyed.

Link

let us buy back your guns, they can have adverse affects and can kill people...in exchange, let us inject you with this very safe and harmless vaccine [devil]

Probably all of those guns are turned in by people that had a relative die that owned them legally and the relative is long gone and they dont know what to do with them. haverhill did a buyback last week.......mostly revolvers for handguns.....from the pic in the paper some were good ones too! Do they really think criminals go to the pd to turn in weapons! Criminals throw them in the merrimack river! WHATEVER! And they say the destroy them all too....yeah right!

So now that we have a weeks notice are any FFLs going to show up? I find it hard to believe there isn't at least a couple grand worth of profit possible there.

Mike

Might be worth a trip for those that live in MA to see what is being brought in and offer the guy some real money instead outside. You might find something nice.

Flu shots??? I'd rather put a cattle prod up my ass.

In other news, Worcester is at it again. I am so proud to live here. Stupid a**h***s.

Flu shots??? I'd rather put a cattle prod up my ass.

Every year I have the same argument with the geniuses (genii?) at work about the flu shot. Since it's free, they can't believe I don't get one. Then they all come to work sick when the shot doesn't work (or makes them sick). If I knew someone was trading anything of value for one I'd be warming up my pimp hand.

I haven't had a flu shot since I was an EMT - got really sick and learned that a guy from the same department and his wife took the shots, also got really sick.

Never again.

They are always pushing that shot. I worked for a staffing firm that tried to make it like it was mandatory, anyone who didn't get one was guilted until they did. When they pulled me into the office and started their song and dance, I asked what in our company handbook made such a requirement and asked again if it was legal under state law.

That was 10 years ago. I suspect its going to be pushed and pushed under the guise of "public safety" until it finally does become law. I never would have thought this possible, but the whole mandatory Gardasil shot thing made me realize that the pharma industry has as much, if not more influence in Washington than do the military contractors.

I'd say it looks like their killing two birds with one stone here. Disarm the public and inject them with deadly vaccines all at once. Good going gubbermint.

" buyback' the term =more peon mind control.

the police can buyback any guns i bought from them ,oh, that would be zero.

So now that we have a weeks notice are any FFLs going to show up? I find it hard to believe there isn't at least a couple grand worth of profit possible there.

Mike

Doubt it. Would you put your state dealers license (and by extension your livelihood) on the line to do this?

I understand that this is a very humorous thing and I love the idea of putting a stand just before theirs that says, "will give money for guns and free flu shot." You'd probably make a killing ('pun intended).

My thing is, what is this suppose to accomplish? Are they expecting gang leaders to show up and hand over their AKs? Maybe they'll be good little gang members if they lose their guns and won't be stabby or beat people up? If a person shows up with a gun, if they don't have an LTC are they immediately arrested? I figure if anyone is turning in their gun that they're already anti-gun and the only people that are losing are the people who appreciate it.

Even if you are anti-gun or believe that bad people have guns I don't understand how this will change anything. Has anyone bothered to just ask the powers that be about this?

I would like to see what they get or if any of it is actually functional at all. I just don't get it.

Get the word out that the flu shots have secret electronic tracking devices in them. The police station where the turn in thing is held has facial recognition software running on the WPD lobby. Scare as many gang bangin grannies turning in those hunting rifles, Garands, and 1911s.

Flu shots are free almost anywhere you go...aren't they?

I have no problem with these buy backs when they do them like they do out west. The guns are bought back. They are then auctioned off back to the public. I do know of people who had guns just kindof left to them. They weren't gun people. The people didn't have any ammo for the guns and the guns just lived in the back of a closet for years.

It is good to get these guns out of people's house. Provided they are resold to people who want them.

Don

p.s. I am asking again. Can a person without a FID sell a gun to a non-licensee?

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt it. Would you put your state dealers license (and by extension your livelihood) on the line to do this?

We are planning to do exactly this in CT. Right now its a matter of raising cash.

Good way to get rid of rusted out p.o.s. guns that aren't even worth hanging on a wall.

No, it's a bad way of getting rid of guns. Playing by the rules they put forth and patronizing their little control game is far too close to legitimizing the process. Look at it through this lens; what if Microsoft conducted an Apple buyback? The game is clear; get more Apple products "off the streets" so people will rely on Microsoft, right? When the .gov offers to buy guns, it's because the substitute they offer is the teat - that's what they want to use as a substitute for the independence of protecting yourself. Be you the pastor of a church, a gangbanger, or anything in between.

I understand that this is a very humorous thing and I love the idea of putting a stand just before theirs that says, "will give money for guns and free flu shot." You'd probably make a killing ('pun intended).

My thing is, what is this suppose to accomplish? Are they expecting gang leaders to show up and hand over their AKs? Maybe they'll be good little gang members if they lose their guns and won't be stabby or beat people up? If a person shows up with a gun, if they don't have an LTC are they immediately arrested? I figure if anyone is turning in their gun that they're already anti-gun and the only people that are losing are the people who appreciate it.

Even if you are anti-gun or believe that bad people have guns I don't understand how this will change anything. Has anyone bothered to just ask the powers that be about this?

I would like to see what they get or if any of it is actually functional at all. I just don't get it.

Control.

The fewer guns that citizens have, the closer the police state gets to outgunning us. Period. It's as black and white as that.

"Getting guns off the streets" implies that the citizenry should not have the guns. Further deduction clearly reveals the mentality they're trying to push: that only the police/.mil should be armed because they're the only ones smart enough and qualified enough. They honestly don't want guns around so that people can use them for anything.

Back
Top Bottom