MA-Firearms Question

Patriot

NES Member
Anyone know if MA-Firearms is still active? I hadn't used it at all over the
past few years due to the type of traffic it was getting. I see a lot of the
folks from there like Ken and Len, etc. on this forum.

TBP

Last edited:
We're all refugees.

A few people killed that List with ignorant and political diatribes. Plus spammers were hitting it left and right. I still am officially on it, but there is rarely a post there.

You aren't missing anything.

I quit about 9-10 months ago. I had been getting the digest form rather than individual messages, and looked back over the previous couple of weeks digests: 1 legitimate message (that I had already seen elsewhere), 3 useless rants, and a grand total 47 offers to refinance my house, help me become a millionaire working from home, or grow body parts to a gargantuan scale (not counting the crap that the MAf filters caught). I don't think I'd seen a single worthwhile post in several months. I decided I could accomplish pretty much the same thing by sending myself an E-Mail every day or two reading "Delete this message".

Ken

Does Dick Lunn still run the board or has he moved on over here as well? I
checked out the names and didn't find his among them but like me, he could
be using an alias. I have posts from MA-F that date back to 1996 and
it's interesting to see some of the names again that used to be regulars on
that board. It was pretty good at times back then.

TBP

I think Dick's still doing it, but I'm not sure. The last few months I was there he never posted anything, so I don't know.

It's pretty quiet now. Maybe The World has screwed the filters down tight. Haven't seen much spam lately. Very few posts either. Only some diehards left now.

The Boston Patriot said:
Anyone know if MA-Firearms is still active? I hadn't used it at all over the
past few years due to the type of traffic it was getting. I see a lot of the
folks from there like Ken and Len, etc. on this forum.

TBP

I did some Emails and phone calls to Dick when it was hitting the skids. I made some suggestions, but he is busy and not paying much attention to the List.

When we opened up shop here, I went back and looked thru the names of posters on MAF that I recognized as "useful contributors" and sent a personal Email inviting them here. Since I hadn't kept much of the messages that were sent there, I probably only hit perhaps 10 people that I invited here. I think I did invite Dick, but never heard from him or saw him here (but we wouldn't know if he used an alias).

There are a number of people on MAF that we DO NOT WANT HERE! They would start the same garbage that brought that List down and none of the Mods want to see that happen, nor do we need extra work!

I was on MAF from ~1990ish (don't recall when it started) and it was a great group and resource back in those days.

LenS said:
There are a number of people on MAF that we DO NOT WANT HERE! They would start the same garbage that brought that List down and none of the Mods want to see that happen, nor do we need extra work!

I'll second that one....BIG time. And I remember a few names that would definately make me cringe....yeesh.

I'm in VIOLENT agreement with this. I don't want to see the signal-to-noise ratio here descend to the level that it was on MAF when I unsubscribed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom