MA Firearms Lawyer to apply for LTC 'A'

I would like to apply for my license to carry in Massachusetts. I've been thinking about doing so for quite some time but the process has always seemed more difficult than simply going up to NH and shooting with friends.

I live in Boston, and my research on this website and others lead me to the conclusion that it is more difficult to obtain the LTC than in other areas. Compounding this is the fact that I must answer 'yes' on question ten (no conviction, non-violent, non-drug related). A friend of mine recomended I speak with a firearms lawyer but didn't know of any off hand. I found Jesse Cohen on google, emailed him and have not heard back. Can anyone here recomend a good attorney?

Thanks all!

I'm surprised nobody pointed him to the sticky on the top of this forum section [wink]

D'OH! I hate it when people do that and here I am cluttering up the forum...hopefully the next person with this question sees that.

So I reached out to several attorneys suggest here but Darius got right back to me; I'm setting up a consultation with him. I'm also going to Braintree to take my basic pistol training, and I'd love to try to join that club.

What is 'going green'? I do try to recycle...

I'm also going to Braintree to take my basic pistol training
Why not just take the class for Dairus?
What is 'going green'? I do try to recycle...
If you pay $20/year to support the forum you get access to the member area with invites to the non-published firearms exhibitions and your name is displayed in green.

Updates

Ok - I've spoken with Darius and have a meeting with him next Thursday at 10, basic pistol training is the following Saturday at 6, and I'll also make it a point to get practice in with a .357/.38 cal ammo in preperation for Moon Island. I've also taken your advice and 'gone green' (just sent the 19 bucks via pay-pal).

Thanks all for the advice/guidence!

Ok - I've spoken with Darius and have a meeting with him next Thursday at 10, basic pistol training is the following Saturday at 6, and I'll also make it a point to get practice in with a .357/.38 cal ammo in preperation for Moon Island. I've also taken your advice and 'gone green' (just sent the 19 bucks via pay-pal).

Thanks all for the advice/guidence!

Congrats on going green and good luck with the LTC!!

Quick update

So I met with Darias; very nice guy and very helpful. Per his suggestion, I'm working on a cover letter as well as one explaining my 'yes' answer to question 10. I'm also taking my pistol course Saturday night, and from there will deciede if further training is needed for the moon island test.

Thanks again everyone for the help here!

Does the City of Boston still require you to go to Moon Island and shoot ? If they still do why are the so freaking special that you have to be able to point a gun and not shoot yourself when every other town doesn't require it . Considering they dont score it why bother having someone shoot ?

Does the City of Boston still require you to go to Moon Island and shoot ? If they still do why are the so freaking special that you have to be able to point a gun and not shoot yourself when every other town doesn't require it . Considering they dont score it why bother having someone shoot ?

Boston isn't alone with the Moon Island Test.

Brookline has the same requirement, but permits the applicant to take it while supervised by an NRA Instructor at his or her home pistol range.

If they still do why are the so freaking special that you have to be able to point a gun and not shoot yourself when every other town doesn't require it . Considering they dont score it why bother having someone shoot ?
They do score it and they do it simply because they can.

They do score it. If you don't achieve their minimum score, then you have failed the range test and they will not issue you an LTC.

Scrivener would have, and savaged him for not having found it himself. [wink]

Ken

I know the type...I do feel silly for not finding it myself, and don't mean to clutter the boards, but I don't understand people that blow up over stuff like that.

As to Moon Island...I made a point to get in shooting time with my instructor on Sat with a .357 shooting .38s and did fine, I'm also shooting with some friends up north on Wed and will do the same, and might do a final session Fri night with an instructor. That might be overkill but I'd love to score a perfect 300.

bos ltc

had one for over 12 years which means 3 renewals. Pain in the a+S cant even come close. pucker up...they love to deny people.

you dont need an atty. get their dos and dont's. they have their own politics. get to know the licensing officers and ask them what works - youll be surprised at the info they give.

one thing - if you can tie it to work and range you might get all lawful purposes. if not you can get one for one or the other which is not .worth having. you only want class a, large capacity, all lawful purposes

you can PM me or repost with questions...

Back
Top Bottom