MA: coyote regs, night time

pupchow

NES Member
Curious, would those that hunt coyotes at night in Mass. be in favor of the language which limits rifles to those chambered "no larger than .22 LR" being altered to simply, "rimfire cartridges"? Would it make sense? That would allow the use of .22 WMR. Are there any other rimfires with more energy than the .22 Magnum?

I'm in the market for a predator rifle, and am considering one in .17 Hornet or .22 WMR, since my shots will likley be inside 100 yards. But if I could use a .22 WMR at night...

I stopped reading right there.

Current language, as der Mass. DFW:

7. HUNTING IMPLEMENTS: It is lawful to hunt fox, coyote, and bobcat with rifles, shotguns, handguns, or archery, provided that:

(b) during the hours from ½ hour after sunset to ½ hour before sunrise, handguns are restricted to those chambered not larger than .38 caliber, and rifles to those chambered not larger than .22 long rifle;

Current language, as der Mass. DFW:

7. HUNTING IMPLEMENTS: It is lawful to hunt fox, coyote, and bobcat with rifles, shotguns, handguns, or archery, provided that:

(b) during the hours from ½ hour after sunset to ½ hour before sunrise, handguns are restricted to those chambered not larger than .38 caliber, and rifles to those chambered not larger than .22 long rifle;
So the current law is stupid: What else is new. IMNSHO the answer from any self-respecting gun owner is quite simple, remove the artificial caliber restriction entirely.

So the current law is stupid: What else is new. IMNSHO the answer from any self-respecting gun owner is quite simple, remove the artificial caliber restriction entirely.

How about, define wtf LARGER means to start.

That's fixes things until they get rid of the moronic caliber restriction.

Back
Top Bottom