ma compliant windham arms ar-15

I've read good reviews on this gun. It has a welded muzzle break, would this gun be more quiet than my stock m&p sport? That is the one complaint I have with my s&w. The price is 900.00, I am moving to florida in april, so im hesitant on buying a new ma compliant gun.

Or my other choice would be a norinco sks. Having to buy 2 different rifle calipers would suck though.

Last edited:
Shoot your mp and sell it before leave if you choose to. 900 bucks opens up a lot of options. See what the local fl shops have

I've read good reviews on this gun. It has a welded muzzle break, would this gun be more quiet than my stock m&p sport? That is the one complaint I have with my s&w. The price is 900.00, I am moving to florida in april, so im hesitant on buying a new ma compliant gun.

Or my other choice would be a norinco sks. Having to buy 2 different rifle calipers would suck though.

If you are concerned with noise I would wait and buy in Florida, the standard A2 flash hider that comes with most AR's in states other than MA is going to be quieter than the Windham muzzle brake (I have a Windham so I know). If you cant wait till april there are a number of muzzle brakes out there that you can put on the Windham to reduce the noise/concussion somewhat. I have Battlecomp on my Stag and I have heard good things about the BCM brake (I have one that is going on the Windham as soon as I can get around to going to 1776). There are a number of threads that talk about muzzle devices and noise.

Sell Mp before you move.... buy down there. You can also apply for your silencer when you get to FL if noise is a concern.

ok so it sounds like ill be spinning my wheels if I buy the ww ar-15. What about a spare parts list, the sport has roughly 1500 rounds threw it.

I love my Windham, but quiet it's definatly not.
DPMS sells what the call the ultimate parts kit.
Pretty much anything that might break normaly on an AR in in it.

ok so it sounds like ill be spinning my wheels if I buy the ww ar-15. What about a spare parts list, the sport has roughly 1500 rounds threw it.
The Smith can become your parts gun?
The o shoot kit is handy. Spare extractor? Sometimes by the time you spend the cash on spare parts.... bcg ectect you might find yourself not far from a new rifle to put in the back of the safe?

The Windham brake does result in less noise & concussion (at least for the shooter) vs. the m&p sport.

but I agree wait to get to Florida so you don't wind up with a cripple AR.

IMHO a pinned and welded brake isn't necessarily so bad. So long as you like whatevers pinned on,theres not really any need to ever unscrew the thing anyway. I also will allow you to get away with a 14.5" barrel.

Then if you don't care about the bayonet lug, when you get to FL you can just get a collapsible stock and have a nice AR15. Just my $0.02.

any gun smiths that will do a flash hider on my m&p sport? Work would need to be done in western mass.I will most likely keep the sport as a spare ar-15

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom