MA Compliant Tier 1 AR

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I got my LTC in MA last May and due to recent unfortunate events, now is looking like the time to buy.

Specifically, I was looking for a tier 1 AR-15. I had decided on the Colt LE6920 (I know it isn't MA compliant, but knew the shop could make it) and went to the closest shop and they told me they could not even order it. I then mentioned the Colt MT6400 (MA compliant as far as I know) and they said they couldn't order that one either. They told me I would have to buy it (either one) in RI and have it shipped to them, where they would modify it as needed and then release it to me.

So next I went to a RI shop, and explained to them what I was told. They said there should be no reason a shop in MA can't get the MT6400. So next I called another MA shop, and they told me they can't order anything from Colt either.

It this legatimate, or is it true that MA shops can't get anything from Colt? Both times the sales person told me no without even looking at the weapon specifics.

This has taken a while to go though this as I am busy with work, and during this time, it looks like the AR-15 market dried up.

So at this point, does anyone know of a MA compliant tier 1 AR-15 I can get when supplies start moving again? MT6400 should be getable, but isn't so I don't want to assume anything.

Thank you.

Once the panic ends and if there is not a ban, the easiest thing to do is just order an upper from any company you want and either 1.) place it on a preban lower 2.) have a gun smith neuter it and place it in a post ban lower.

It's going to be a while though - probably close to a year (based on the 2004 panic) before you can get anything and this assumes no ban.

Just build your own gun. Problem is right now parts are very scarce at all levels.

-Mike

Ask the shop you are dealing with to order it through their distributor, not through Colt. Good luck though.

Nope but most gun manufacturers like BCM etc are back ordered 3-6 months not 3 years haha.

1) Exaggeration != sarcasm
2) Does anyone really know how back ordered they are? How long is it going to be before a gunshop like Four Seasons gets in a shipment of AR's that doesn't already have a long waiting list on every gun in the shipment?

Back
Top Bottom