MA Compliant CZ 75?

In a recent newsletter a local shop in MA was advertising MA compliant CZ 75's. This is the first I've heard of it. Does anyone have any more info? May need to be my next purchase..

Or just find one in the classifieds. People often bring them when they move and then sell them to buy other stuff. And Cajun Gun Works is your friend for all things CZ75.

I'd shop the classifieds on here for the same thing , only cheaper.

edit - which cz75 are we talking about ?

In a recent newsletter a local shop in MA was advertising MA compliant CZ 75's. This is the first I've heard of it. Does anyone have any more info? May need to be my next purchase..
https://www.northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/some-cz’s-made-the-ma-firearms-roster-target-list.428344/

Eventually you’ll stop caring about the MA firearms roster.

Well, you want the TSO or TS2. They are both production comp guns. Very nice. Probably around $2K or so.

Thanks guys for the clarification. Didn't realize it was the comp versions that were approved.

Only a few of them made the formal target shooting roster. So basically just the competition guns

A lot of the higher end guns are on the Target Roster, since it doesn’t require destructive testing of the gun. For example, that’s where you’ll find the Colt Python 6” (the 4 inch isn’t on since it doesn’t meet the 5 inch revolver barrel length requirement), several Nighthawk Customs, the Sig P210 target and P320 X5 Legion, several STI’s, Colts, S&Ws, etc.

The interesting thing is that in the instructions to apply to have your gun listed on the Formal Target Shooting Roster, the manufacture is to include:

(4) Any advertising or marketing materials sufficient to demonstrate that the firearm is solely sold for formal target shooting competition.

I’v always wondered what Nighthawk provided to show that the “Chairman” was only sold for formal target shooting ;) .

A lot of the higher end guns are on the Target Roster, since it doesn’t require destructive testing of the gun. For example, that’s where you’ll find the Colt Python 6” (the 4 inch isn’t on since it doesn’t meet the 5 inch revolver barrel length requirement), several Nighthawk Customs, the Sig P210 target and P320 X5 Legion, several STI’s, Colts, S&Ws, etc.
Never heard of the 5 inch barrel length requirement. Plenty of revolvers on the "general roster" with barrels under 5 inches. Most likely a trigger pull weight issue since Ma**h*** regulators assume we all leave loaded guns lying around for toddlers to play with.

Never heard of the 5 inch barrel length requirement. Plenty of revolvers on the "general roster" with barrels under 5 inches. Most likely a trigger pull weight issue since Ma**h*** regulators assume we all leave loaded guns lying around for toddlers to play with.
MA believes that to be a “target” revolver, you have to have a barrel length of 5 inches or more. They don’t care about barrel length on any “normal” (i.e. anything thing on the “Approved Firearms Roster”) revolver. However, the stupid consumer protection laws do require the seller:
for handguns with barrels shorter than three inches, disclose to all customers, in writing with specific test data, the accuracy limitations of the weapon
And one of the features that makes a pistol eligible for the target roster is a "trigger pull weight of less than four pounds” (emphasis added).

ETA Oh, now I see your point: target guns have light triggers so they might want to require them to have long barrels. But the 5 inch requirement is only for revolvers. Pistols can have a 4 inch barrel and the aforementioned under four pound trigger. I’ve learned to never try and make actual sense of the MA gun laws since they are purposefully written to confuse and obfuscate.

Last edited:
Purchased a CZ 75 SP 01 Tactical in Massachusetts today. They also sell CZ 75 BD also.

I have a CZ75BD with CGW's comp package, VZ grips and new Truglo night sights installed for sale in the classified. PM me if you like

The OP is from May. Hopefully, in 5.5 months, he's found what he's looking for.

This whole thread got bumped by some brand new member's first post

I'll take the opportunity to say I have a beautiful CZ Custom Shop Shadow for sale with 5 mags....PM for details...why buy CZ when you can buy CZ Custom?

Back
Top Bottom