• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA Cannon license

$1500 total for a day and a half with your customers glad to pay it .... I'd be running as many as I could fill.

Right?

I choked on my scotch when I saw the per-person price tag. Then I wondered what the requirements for a training location would be.

@FSTC What are the location requirements to do such an event?

Haven't met your wife but I'll give it the old college try.

Told my wife and she laughed. Said the neighbors already hate me so whatever.
Sounds like her response. Here in DeSantis Land I could probably get a 75mm without anyone blinking an eye. Well maybe again my neighbors.

Last edited:
I'm planning on setting up a course this April/May.
Location will be in Central Ma.
Course will be 1 evening and 1 Saturday.
Limited to 6 people
Class includes a prep guide
How to navigate the Massachusetts process
Cannon crew roles and safety
Making rounds, slowmatch and fuze
Range setup
Blank and live fire.
Cost will be $250 per person.
I will post once the logistics are finalized, Hope to have some more details 1st week of February.
In as well.

Limited to 6 people
Range setup
Blank and live fire.
I will post once the logistics are finalized, Hope to have some more details 1st week of February.
I would be so in for this!

Baby steps. "Hun, we have the cannon. Might as well be able to legally shoot it. Don't cha think?"
Oh, she's on board with me getting the license so I can fire it.

Speaking of which, where does one fire a cannon? I imagine that anything small, like 50cal, might be fine at the gun club, but what about bigger stuff?

Right?

I choked on my scotch when I saw the per-person price tag. Then I wondered what the requirements for a training location would be.

@FSTC What are the location requirements to do such an event?
For live fire? Pretty much any gun club or sand pit. It is vitally important NOT to skip the 4lb ball of lead off the berm though..

Limited to 6 people
Range setup
Blank and live fire.
I'm definitely interested in attending, looking forward to more details.

I told my wife I want a cannon for the front yard. She thought it was hilarious. She also knows I've been trying to get that license and she's on board.
I have a spot in my living room for one pointing at the front door.

I have been slacking and always end up buying a different gun instead of a cannon. I am going for a decent size cannon, at least 3' barrel.

The wife says YES every time I bring it up, I don't think she understands what I am talking about.

I have a spot in my living room for one pointing at the front door.

I have been slacking and always end up buying a different gun instead of a cannon. I am going for a decent size cannon, at least 3' barrel.

The wife says YES every time I bring it up, I don't think she understands what I am talking about.
A good size bore for recreational shooters is 2 1/4. That way you have billiard balls, 7oz soda cans filled with concrete, or downrigger lead weights as ammunition options.

Back
Top Bottom