• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA AWB: 9mm/45 AR Upper Mags

LittleCalm

NES Member
For you guys that have pistol caliber AR uppers, does it work under the AWB to permanently modify newer mags to limit them to 10 rnds? E.g., taking a GG mag and limiting it to 10 rnds?

For you guys that have pistol caliber AR uppers, does it work under the AWB to permanently modify newer mags to limit them to 10 rnds? E.g., taking a GG mag and limiting it to 10 rnds?

The answer is no one knows what suffices as "permanently modified". There are a million ways to do it and no one is better than the other.

Realistically, you should do your best to make it unmodifiable and then MYOB.

It's never been adjudicated in court to the best of everyone here's knowledge. Of course you could always be the test case! [smile]

The subject comes up very frequently and the above answers are the best you can get at this time.

just food for thought......My FN FAL PS90's 10rd mags are just 50rd mags without the load indicator line over 10 rds.
The only difference between the 10rds and the 30s and 50s is a rectangular plastic filler block.
These are factory mags and without a doubt could be converted back. There aren't screws for disassemble, i believe they are "permanently" glued together.I would argue they are less easily converted back than any magazine utilizing a removable floor plate

Most mods i have seen to be compliant with 10rd max, have a simple rivet installed to limit the travel of the follower.
I wouldn't want to be the test case, I just use 10rd mags or true prebans. The trouble is there aren't preban mags for all firearms.

*fun fact* ps90's and fs2000's are two of the few guns that would require removal of parts rather than addition of part to become full auto.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom