• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA AR-15 Build Questions

Im looking to build my first AR and im looking to get schooled on MA rifle regs please. I know about fixed stocks, flash hiders, and bayonet mounts are not allowed. I searched, Is there a Sticky or a link i can refer to and learn about Do's and Don't's? Are there compliancy on certain parts? Im not looking to settle on the cheapest and really want products that as my knowledge grows i wont be looking to upgrade right away. Thanks im looking forward to the help!

as far as the rifle is concerned, for a post-ban build, you can have one of;

pistol grip
telescoping or folding stock
flash hider/threaded bbl
bayo lug
grenade launching attachment

since the AR kinda needs the pist grip, get a fixed or pinned stock, pinned muzzle device, and no bayo lug or launcher thing, and youll be all set.

as far as the rifle is concerned, for a post-ban build, you can have one of;

pistol grip
telescoping or folding stock
flash hider/threaded bbl
bayo lug
grenade launching attachment

since the AR kinda needs the pist grip, get a fixed or pinned stock, pinned muzzle device, and no bayo lug or launcher thing, and youll be all set.

To clarify a little in this... Your muzzle device cannot be a flash hider, needs to be a muzzle break or compensatory that's pinned and welded on.

To clarify a little in this... Your muzzle device cannot be a flash hider, needs to be a muzzle break or compensatory that's pinned and welded on.

That's what I meant [smile]

Post-ban AR's are incredibly simple to build, and thankfully there's no 922 compliance BS like with AKs.

That's what I meant [smile]

Post-ban AR's are incredibly simple to build, and thankfully there's no 922 compliance BS like with AKs.

I knew exactly what you were saying. Just wanted to make sure nobody mistook the wording there.

What's this 922 compliance you speak of?

I also want to build and ar 15. THe lower i wont to build is a stripped dpms lower with a parts kit is that legale.

I also want to build and ar 15. THe lower i wont to build is a stripped dpms lower with a parts kit is that legale.

can't quite tell from your post, but if you are asking whether it is legal to assemble a lower receiver with a seperate lower parts kit--yes, it is.

My dad has class A ltc. HE was wondering is it legale for me just to build the lower tilll i get my ltc

My dad has class A ltc. HE was wondering is it legale for me just to build the lower tilll i get my ltc

No because the lower is the "firearm" portion. If he buys it for you before your license comes in that would be a straw purchase, if he buys it for himself and then transfers it to you at a later time (when you have a license) that would be ok.

Im looking to build my first AR and im looking to get schooled on MA rifle regs please. I know about fixed stocks, flash hiders, and bayonet mounts are not allowed. I searched, Is there a Sticky or a link i can refer to and learn about Do's and Don't's? Are there compliancy on certain parts? Im not looking to settle on the cheapest and really want products that as my knowledge grows i wont be looking to upgrade right away. Thanks im looking forward to the help!

To add some more info, you can ignore the MA AWB stuff if your able to find a Pre-ban AR lower (they are out there) or rifle. Can have all the goodies, but they normally cost more in MA, but if you look at forums from other states you can find them rather inexpensively.

Also, if you can, stay away from DPMS, especially their lower parts kits. S&W makes a great lower, as does Rock River.

Some good Lower Parts kits are Daniel Defense, G&R (shop out of Ohio) and Stag. Colt and LMT make some of the best in the business but they are very expensive (I actually saw a Colt LPK go for $250+) I had a RRA one and hated it, the parts felt really cheap. The good thing about the G&R LPK is that you can customize it up a lot.

Back
Top Bottom