MA - Anterless Permits Deadline 7/16/19

got mine. 10

so now I have two for Z 10.......not that it's going to happen, but can I bag two antlerless deer?
If you personally have 2 antlerless deer tags yes.
How Did you get two antlerless tags already? Surplus tags don't go on sale till September.

Also your allowed to have two unchecked deer in your possession at a time in zones 1-12. Zones 13-14 you can have 4 unchecked deer in possession.
So technically in zones 1-12
you can shoot two deer......then check them in.....then you can still keep hunting (if you have tags left of course) after you check the 2.

Last edited:
Just noticing now that antler-less is spelled wrong.

That said, the reason I didn't see a way to apply for the antler-less permit is because I already did it. You would think it would tell you that.

Im not sure why they bump zone 5 up to 1500 permits. It should be 0 or at least 500 like every other zone near it. Its not like we have a lot of deer in the area.

Whatever, this state is retarded and I'm done with it. I'll see more does in one day in CT and PA than I would in 5 years of hunting here.

The ability to shoot a doe should be almost a daily normal occurance of hunting, it is where I've hunted out of state other than the northeast. Yet in most of those states, there is no excitement about getting a permit, or shooting a doe. Cause it's easy, as it should be.

The majority of other areas in the Northeast (ME,NH, VT) for gun are no does or limited severely and one buck only.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful......and I'm asking the hunters who don't see a lot of deer or have a hard time filling a tag........ Why is there such excitement over getting a doe tag here? Is it that the herd sucks so bad you get to shoot the only deer you see and that's a big deal? You fill your freezer...that's good....but you now took a bunch of future deer out of the herd....if your not seeing many...that to me would be bad.

If it takes you a week to kill a doe, and its the only one you see, or worse yet you don't fill a tag because you saw nothing.......you really should be questioning the herd quality and just where the fxck all these surplus does are.

Last edited:
Im not sure why they bump zone 5 up to 1500 permits. It should be 0 or at least 500 like every other zone near it. Its not like we have a lot of deer in the area.

Whatever, this state is retarded and I'm done with it. I'll see more does in one day in CT and PA than I would in 5 years of hunting here.

The ability to shoot a doe should be almost a daily normal occurance of hunting, it is where I've hunted out of state other than the northeast. Yet in most of those states, there is no excitement about getting a permit, or shooting a doe. Cause it's easy, as it should be.

The majority of other areas in the Northeast (ME,NH, VT) for gun are no does or limited severely and one buck only.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful......and I'm asking the hunters who don't see a lot of deer or have a hard time filling a tag........ Why is there such excitement over getting a doe tag here? Is it that the herd sucks so bad you get to shoot the only deer you see and that's a big deal? You fill your freezer...that's good....but you now took a bunch of future deer out of the herd....if your not seeing many...that to me would be bad.

If it takes you a week to kill a doe, and its the only one you see, or worse yet you don't fill a tag because you saw nothing.......you really should be questioning the herd quality and just where the fxck all these surplus does are.
Different zone for you obviously. In 9 and 10 where I hunt I see deer literally everywhere. I get excited for a doe permit in 9 and 10 because it means I can fill my freezer easier yes.....and there are deer everywhere so I don't feel bad about taking does.

Deer are at the pest level population wise here in Zone 9 and more every year. Herd needs to be reduced.

I'm in zone 5 and see plenty of deer in the area

Plenty means different things to different people.

I define plenty as being able to fill a doe tag very easily in 1-2 days of hunting. I can do that in CT, KY, SC, and PA on private land in any spot I've hunted.

I cannot do that in MA on private land in spots in Zone 5, I and my son have exclusive rights to hunt and are hunted very lightly.

Obviously parts of 7, 8 and Zones 9-13 need large amounts of permits and I'm not questioning that.....deer population is high due to not having access.

Pretty funny, my son, my father and I all got picked for zone 5 permits this year.
Usually we go 2 for 3. We never buy them anyway.

Last edited:
Got mine for zone 12. I'll be lucky to get out there more than a day or two this coming season though. Is it legal to hunt with a toddler strapped to your back?

Back
Top Bottom