MA - Anterless Permits Deadline 7/16/19

In for 9, will get a few surplus for 10.

The older boy is pulling 52 lb bow and pie plates at 30 yds so we'll be out on Youth Saturday in our bow-only spot.

I put in for the whole family for zone 9 back when we got our sporting licenses first of the year.

I'll be on for some 10 surps when that opens up.

Yes, back in March. It does seem that is where the issue is. I clicked on it again today and I could not see where it says I have a license. It's on my desk at home I'll trace it back.
When you bought the license did you print it out? If so, you should be in the system and able to purchase/apply for permits and stamps. Jack.

I always get in on it when I buy my turkey tags in the early spring. That way I make sure I never forget. I get my hunting license, fishing license, turkey tags, antlerless application, waterfowl stamp, archery stamp and primitive stamp all at the same time...

I always get in on it when I buy my turkey tags in the early spring. That way I make sure I never forget. I get my hunting license, fishing license, turkey tags, antlerless application, waterfowl stamp, archery stamp and primitive stamp all at the same time...

I do the same thing.

I swear that my license number is cursed under the new doe permit system. I’ve always hunted a lot in zone 8 which is typically 75% success rate for doe permits but I’ve only gotten one doe permit since the new system went into effect. This year I applied in 4S. I figured I would try reverse logic and see if I get one in a low percentage zone.

Bob

I have my license, but how do I apply again? Is this online, or is there something that needs to be sent in? Or does it have to happen in person somewhere? I've done it in the past, but I'm kind of tired tonight and just plain don't remember. I didn't have one last year.

I have my license, but how do I apply again? Is this online, or is there something that needs to be sent in? Or does it have to happen in person somewhere? I've done it in the past, but I'm kind of tired tonight and just plain don't remember. I didn't have one last year.
Go to mass fish hunt and log in with your customer id number on your license. I believe under special permits and tags or something like that you can click antlerless permit application....you need to pick the zone you want an antlerless tag for in that process.

On August 1 you log back in to see if you were awarded an antlerless tag. You buy the tag then online.

Some time in sep oct there will be an announcement of surplus antlerless tags for sale online. Zone 10 always has a shit ton of surplus tags along with 11. Zone 9 usually has surps but not to many last year I logged in for a zone 9 surp at 8:05am and they were already sold out. Western zones don't get surps because not everyone that applies for antlerless will get one to begin with. 9-14 it's almost a guarantee of getting am antlerless tag.

Bumping as a reminder to log in and check your doe tag lotteries.

All three in the house got zone 9 doe tags .....but that's not a surprise that zone is 100%.

Same old same old for me.

Bob

6-DA43-D2-B-1-E59-4-D8-D-A4-CE-63-D1-BB61-EC8-F.png

Here are the 2019 antlerless permit totals Available by zone

Zone Number of permits
1 600
2 300
3 1,600
4N 600
4S 500
5 1,500
6 300
7 2,400
8 2,600
9 5,500
10 12,000
11 13,000
12 1,000
13 2,700
14 2,700
Statewide 47,300

Fine in Nine
Per usual. I've never missed getting one in 9....well....except the year I forgot to apply for my son's before the July deadline. I tried to get him a surplus 9 and they sold out by 8:05am. He was not happy!!!

^ those numbers are available, not awarded
Correct. I'll edit the post

Not allof them get awarded.....ie.....more tags available than hunters that applied. The surplus ones go on sale I believe in October.

What you needfor Buy a surplus Antlerless Deer Permit
Sale of surplus Antlerless Deer Permits by Wildlife Management Zone will be staggered over the following days in September.

• Zone 11: Tuesday, September 24th at 9 a.m.
  • Zone 10: Wednesday, September 25th at 9 a.m.
  • Zones 13, 14 and 9: Thursday, September 26th at 9 a.m.

What you needfor Buy a surplus Antlerless Deer Permit
Sale of surplus Antlerless Deer Permits by Wildlife Management Zone will be staggered over the following days in September.

• Zone 11: Tuesday, September 24th at 9 a.m.
  • Zone 10: Wednesday, September 25th at 9 a.m.
  • Zones 13, 14 and 9: Thursday, September 26th at 9 a.m.
Thanks just entered into my Outlook calendar

What zone?

Zone 4S. I’m not surprised as it is a low draw area.

For for the last 7-8 years I have been applying in Zone 8 (about 75% draw) and I don’t get one there either so I figured I would try 4S as I bear hunt out that way. Maybe I will pick up an OTC tag we will see.

I hunt Connecticut more and more these days anyway. You get 4 permits with your archery license 2 either sex and 2 antlered tags that are good state wide. You also get 2 January tags as well for private land in southern Connecticut for their January season but I don’t use them.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom