• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M95 Steyr Questions

So I've been seeing these things all over the place for less than 100 bucks. At first I thought it would be a great deal until i saw that ammo is almost 2 bucks a piece, the surplus stuff i found was all Nazi marked and was still over a buck a round. So I was just wondering where these things came from I figure if they're soviet captures then maybe in the future some spam cans of ammo will come over for them, after all why would Ivan keep them around instead of melting them down into AK's if he didnt have ammo.

I don't think they're RC rifles. I'm guessing they came in a long time ago from either Yugoslavia or Germany.

Ammo comes in and sticks around for a while, then dries up. I picked up a ton when I got my rifle. It was dirt cheap a few years ago and all packed on clips. I just sold a bag of about 20 empty clips for $$$. Kicking myself in the ass for chucking them years ago when I used to shoot mine a lot. I probably threw away a few hundred dollars worth.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

The newest surplus ammo I've run across is 1938 - anyone seen anything newer? I'm still working off my initial buy of ammo, so I haven't been looking hard for it, and was just wondering where the stuff had come from.

The styer, straight pull bolt actions, are a blast to shoot. Just be carefull of the caliber. The originals are 8x50R. Most where recalibered to 8x56R. The later have a large S on top of the reciever. Both can be made from various other casings if you reload. Finding any 8x50R is almost impossible. 8x56R is available. They are Austrian guns. Some made in a few other countries.

Back
Top Bottom