m38

Status
Not open for further replies.
M38 can be a Soviet Mosin Nagant carbine, Turk '98, or Swedish carbine. They have nothing in common. Even the Willy's jeep is an M38.

Everyone knows what he's talking about, you don't need to spout off in an attempt to look intelligent at his expense.

There is NO difference between the M38 and M1938, the former is simply an abbreviation.

The reason many M38s were found in M44 stocks is because the Soviets wanted to simplify production - they were made simultaneously during parts of the war and having one stock design meant easier logistics. Additionally, any rebuilt M38s that needed new stocks would have gotten M44 stocks.

Last edited:
Everyone knows what he's talking about, you don't need to spout off in an attempt to look intelligent at his expense.

Just for the record, I clicked into this topic because I thought it was about Swedish Mausers.

Fair enough... but when you read his actual post, I'm pretty sure you knew exactly what he meant.

I am not getting involved in the side issue here as I really do not care.

I do however like the idea of creating a list of what countries used the same nomenclature for their guns. For instance I could also add the M38 Carcano to the list of M38 rifles. I am sure there are probably a couple more as well.

It would be interesting to see a list of mil surp guns organized by their nomenclature first. For instance I suspect we would be able to discern some patterns from the data. I bet we would find a lot of new models being brought out in 1938. It was probably very obvious a war was on the way and countries were revamping and streamlining their production of arms in anticipation of the hostilities.

Perhaps I will get really bored some day and start it such a list.

Last edited:
Just for the record, I clicked into this topic because I thought it was about Swedish Mausers.

I thought it was about the old Jeep.

Jeep-M-38_1950_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom