m38 carbine

whacko

NES Member
Got a m38 carbine from the wife and son for dads day! Nice specimen .......a couple of small splice repairs on the front of the stock.....but I think it just shows the history of how the soviets made em last. Shooting it today ......I post pix later.

Got a m38 carbine from the wife and son for dads day! Nice specimen .......a couple of small splice repairs on the front of the stock.....but I think it just shows the history of how the soviets made em last. Shooting it today ......I post pix later.

Great family!.......They get you ammo too?

Compared to 91/30, how much more recoil and blast is there?
i love my 91/30 have toyed w getting an m38 or 44 since ive already got ammo.

its a lot more kick (due to lower mass) and the blast seems more impressive too with the shorter barrel

But don't let that discourage you, that's what makes it so fun

Well......fired it today. Yeah.......there is more recoil but its not unbearable. The best part is the report! It is frigging loud! And the muzzle flash is amazing! The one in picked up is also dead on at 75 yards wit a decent shot group. I'll get pix up soon

Compared to 91/30, how much more recoil and blast is there?
i love my 91/30 have toyed w getting an m38 or 44 since ive already got ammo.
Just do it! I had a blast today shooting it. Paid 279 dkenit at kitery. Worth every dime to see my son laugh when he shot it! We loaded up the 91-30 and the m38 and shot at our rubber reaction ball targets standing side by side. There was dirt and sod flying 20 feet in the air!

IMG_20140615_172314_118.jpgIMG_20140615_172258_639.jpgIMG_20140615_172245_400.jpgIMG_20140615_150915_174.jpgYes the collection is growing! FInally got a chance to download the pix. The receiver is pretty smooth. Blueing on the barrel, receiver, and site is actually better than on my 1940 model 91-30. YOu can see it has a couple of splice repairs on the front of the stock.......as said I actually think it gives it some character as it shows how much the soviets made these last. WHen I saw it at Kittery I had a feeling it was going to go home with me.......looked it over a few times and kept putting it down and picking it up......when I walked away to talk to someone I saw 3 different people pick it up.......at that point I determined she would be mine! Shoots better groups than her big brother and much more fun!

Well......fired it today. Yeah.......there is more recoil but its not unbearable. The best part is the report! It is frigging loud! And the muzzle flash is amazing!

Its even more impressive at twilight! Give it a try

Nice! I don't notice a different in recoil between the 91/30 and the M38, to be honest, and I'm not a big guy. It spits out spectacular fireballs though!

m38.jpg

Nice! I don't notice a different in recoil between the 91/30 and the M38, to be honest, and I'm not a big guy. It spits out spectacular fireballs though!

m38.jpg
If anything I think the T53 is less. Not sure why. Maybe because I like to shoot it standing. Sitting is always worse for recoil.

If anything I think the T53 is less. Not sure why. Maybe because I like to shoot it standing. Sitting is always worse for recoil.
Followed by prone! That truly hurts as it seems to put the stock up higher almost on the collar bone! I have a nice bruise from that m38 right now......and I like it

my t53 is like no recoil, I shot full load 150gr PPU and 123gr loads, after 40 rounds I can't feel any different. This is against my bare shoulder in a t-shirt. Are you guys bitching about recoil holding the rifle right?

Followed by prone! That truly hurts as it seems to put the stock up higher almost on the collar bone! I have a nice bruise from that m38 right now......and I like it

rifle.jpg~original

Rifle – main weapon of infrantry to destroy enemy with fire, bayonet and buttstock.

Instruction for Infantry, Rifle 1891-30, 1944

see the part in bold ... mystery solved [laugh]

Kalash.......what do you think of the splices on the stock? Its a true m38 stock and pretty dent and scratch free other than the splices. Good / bad?

my t53 is like no recoil, I shot full load 150gr PPU and 123gr loads, after 40 rounds I can't feel any different. This is against my bare shoulder in a t-shirt. Are you guys bitching about recoil holding the rifle right?

rifle.jpg~original

Rifle – main weapon of infrantry to destroy enemy with fire, bayonet and buttstock.

Instruction for Infantry, Rifle 1891-30, 1944

see the part in bold ... mystery solved [laugh]

LOL.

Yeah it's odd. Even sitting the 53 is less than the 91/30. Who would have thought.

Kalash.......what do you think of the splices on the stock? Its a true m38 stock and pretty dent and scratch free other than the splices. Good / bad?
Mine is more of a scratch than a splice, iirc. I am no expert but splices don't bother me much, save for aesthetics.

Back
Top Bottom