• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

m203 grenade launcher legal?

hmf248

NES Member
so I am in the neighborhood of looking to buy a m203 for my bushmaster m16 (pre '86 gun). I have an unrestricted class a, a machine gun license and a c&r ffl. I know the m203 is a dd, requiring tax stamps for transfer, but does anyone know if they (m203) are legal in mass? Chelsea has no idea, just talked with them this week. only thing they found was "infernal machine" language which sounds more explosives, etc. thanks!

so I am in the neighborhood of looking to buy a m203 for my bushmaster m16 (pre '86 gun). I have an unrestricted class a, a machine gun license and a c&r ffl. I know the m203 is a dd, requiring tax stamps for transfer, but does anyone know if they (m203) are legal in mass? Chelsea has no idea, just talked with them this week. only thing they found was "infernal machine" language which sounds more explosives, etc. thanks!

Yes they are legal. I have an M79 and I know there are othere 79s n 203s in mass. You have to do all the nfa stuff but all you would need in mass is an FID since they are single shot...
P1000558.jpg

Last edited:
NFA stuff required for the 40mm grenade launcher.

No NFA paperwork required for the 37mm look-alike that only shoots flares and dummy rounds.

All the interesting 40mm rounds (gold tops) will involve NFA paperwork and a $200 transfer tax on each.

10 years ago there was a DD dealer south of Boston that sold a few Bushmaster M203 to individuals. They are out floating around in MA. LMT used to sell M203 receivers that you could form 1

Back
Top Bottom