• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

M1A Scout question

shootback

NES Member
I just purchased an M1A Scout with the blak synthetic stock. Can anyone tell me if I can swap out the synthetic stock for a wood stock. If so, do I need to get one from a scout rifle or will any M1A stock fit?

I just did mine not too long ago...the stocks are the same...I also have a scout and the standard stock went on without much of a fight..Just make sure you use the correct tools so you dont mar anything up...especially the liner bolt tool... also dont forget the barrel shroud, you have to purchase this seperate (I also would suggest the fulton shroud)

The only problem I ran into was a tiny bit of fitting around the receiver and choosing what stock to buy! I went with a original springfield stock but wish I had gone for the fulton stock...the springfield is just a bit thick for my taste...if you choose the fulton stock be aware, there are 2....one with the selector cut and one without

Any leads on where to find these stocks? May I ask where you purchased yours? I have never attempted this kind of swap but I defiantly like wood better than synthetic so it is going to happen.

Fred's is hit or miss. More 'miss' lately and there are a bunch of complaints about the business. Check out M14TFL.com classifieds and for expert info on these rifles.
If you want a wooden stock that needs refinishing to play with, I have a spare.

Fred's is hit or miss. More 'miss' lately and there are a bunch of complaints about the business. Check out M14TFL.com classifieds and for expert info on these rifles.
If you want a wooden stock that needs refinishing to play with, I have a spare.

I have heard that as well but all my dealings with Fred's have always been great. It's been about a year or so since I have ordered anything from them so maybe they have gone down hill.

Back
Top Bottom