M1a Scope Recommendation

Recently bought a springfield M1a loaded I also ordered a scope mount. Now looking to decide what scope I want to put on it. I have budgeted myself 500 bucks and there appear to be a lot available in that price point that people are happy with. I will use it for target shooting to 500 yards (typically 300) I will probably occasionally use it for hunting as well. I am currently looking at the Vortex Viper HS 4-16x44.. However it seems every time I look I find something else nice.

Would love to hear options from you guys!

Thanks in advance

I'm in the process of researching scope mounts for my M14, they vary depending on what your receiver is, but seems like you got yours nailed down. For scopes, I was looking at coughing up the money for a nice leupold until I started reading on the offerings from Primary Arms. I found them through researching for optics/mounts like you on the M14 Forums. A lot of people like primary arms and I'm having trouble finding a bad review on them. People will acknowledge that they are not as clear as the higher end leupolds and the like, but also they are quick to point out they are 1/3 of the cost. I'd link it but my filter gives me a no-no for that site here at work (but NES is fine go figure).

I have a Sadlak Airborne with a Vortex Viper 1-4 x 24 . The Sadlak is a Brookfield type 3 point mount. I sold my Genuine Brookfield for a healthy sum to a guy building an XM25.
I also have a Bassett low mount which I don't use and will most likely sell off as I prefer the Brookfield type mount.

Last edited:
I had not looked into them but you ate right seems most folks are quite happy with them! Great prices as well! What model have you been looking at

Back
Top Bottom